Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:44 PM

Femme is on a distinguished road

No, I didn't know him back then when this all happened to him with his ex. That doesn't mean that we are in a relationship today, because we met and became friends. (Can never have enough friends, but I am not looking for a relationship) I was just starting to deal with my situation when we met--and because he had already been through something similar--he showed me his separation agreement (I had no clue what one even was back then) I have learned a lot through his case of what to do/what not to do.
He helped me with information/advice through mine....thought his was over....but now his ex is starting up again....so if I can help him, I will.

You were the one who personally attacked me, based on your assumptions/previous experience with your cheating ex--clearly you are biased against any female on here who is in a relationship with a man in these situations and just assumed that I was another one of those females/in a relationship with this guy!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:50 PM

Femme is on a distinguished road

I can agree to disagree....not one of those people who only wants to hear what I want to hear. Open to all opinions, advice, information.

You just shouldn't assume and pass judgement so fast.

I respect your opinion to stay out of something between 2 people(It's not like I'm having any contact/interaction with her!)---but sometimes people do need a friend/need someone for simple support, especially through nonsense like this---I'm sure you had family members/friends supporting you when you were going through it!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:00 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Your assumptions are quite astonishing and I take exception to you saying that I take vengence on every female trying to help out a male. What a ridiculous statement.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:14 PM

For the record I DO have a problem with people (MALE OR FEMALE) interfering with other people (MALE OR FEMALE) while they are pre or post divorce. Getting/giving advice or support is one thing but you have to draw the line somewhere. Problem with others interfering is that they only know one side of the issues and blindly believe everything their girlfriend/boyfriend tells them. This is simply human nature and I realize that no one is perfect. People just have to stop, pause, question and in many cases BACK OFF AND LET THE TWO DIVORCING PEOPLE DEAL WITH THINGS THEMSELVES.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 PM

beebie is on a distinguished road

And more people should heed Arabian's advice.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

I will slightly side with Arabian here and suggest it would be more productive if your friend was on here instead of you being the middle-person. Suggestions and information provided always seems to get diluted when passed along.

As for your friend, I never speak to my ex on the phone anyway. I communicate with her (advise from small talk socially at events for my D6) solely via email. That allows me to keep a paper trail of what I have asked, said or been told.

Regarding his situation, if I was unsure about my ex providing the kids for my parenting time, I would email the ex 2-3 days prior to my scheduled parenting time and advise her that I intend to exercise my prescribed parenting time in accordance with the agreement and that I would expect her to ensure the kids are at the exchange point at the prescribed time for my parenting time, as this is what has been determined as in the children's best interests.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:10 AM

Thank you Beebe and HammerDad. If you read some of the other streams of the forum you will see what I mean about people who stick their noses in where they shouldn't - really quite blatant about it.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
For the record I DO have a problem with people (MALE OR FEMALE) interfering with other people (MALE OR FEMALE) while they are pre or post divorce. Getting/giving advice or support is one thing but you have to draw the line somewhere. Problem with others interfering is that they only know one side of the issues and blindly believe everything their girlfriend/boyfriend tells them. This is simply human nature and I realize that no one is perfect. People just have to stop, pause, question and in many cases BACK OFF AND LET THE TWO DIVORCING PEOPLE DEAL WITH THINGS THEMSELVES.
I agree up to a point.The OP is getting advice for her friend. Its not like she is the one having the conversations with the ex. If she was pushing the friend and trying to get him to do something he didnt want to then that is going too far.

If her friend is asking her for her imput and is welcoming it then who are you to judge?? We on this forum only know the one side also so that is a mute point. You have a chip on your shoulder about this. By using your logic this forum should be shut down as we are offering advice to one side and we are giving suggestions to a person on how they should deal with their ex in a separation/divorce.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Thank you Beebe and HammerDad. If you read some of the other streams of the forum you will see what I mean about people who stick their noses in where they shouldn't - really quite blatant about it.
Umm if people want to post certain details about their lives on a public forum is that not inviting people to give opinions??
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 AM

staysingle is on a distinguished road

arabian, hammerdad.......you are both drinking irony and you can't taste it!!

By the simple factoid that you are commenting on this forum, YOU are sticking your nose in someone else business, usually on their request.

There are countless of reasons why it's appropriate to research for and help out a friend in need.
Closed Thread