Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family member dieing, Child being with held.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family member dieing, Child being with held.

Sorry to post again so fast but I have forgotten and very very important part.

My boyfriends mom is dieing. She has two weeks to a max of two months. We contacted his ex to try to set something up so his daughter could see her grandmother one last time and visa versa (they were really close at one point).

His ex was more concerned with how we had obtained her contact information then the pending death.

She refused to discuss the matter at hand and instead wanted to know "who she had to knock out" (she was also very pregnant at this point). My boyfriend was not trying to fight or arrange a visit for himself. He was trying to get his mom a last memory as she has not seen her granddaughter either in two years.

My question is although court has not started (we are finishing the papers to serve as we speak) is there anything we can do legally to have a grandmother and granddaughter get together one last time as her time here is not very long. Can we file an emergency access thing or anything like that?

Thanks

I would go to the FLIC office/family law duty counsel and see if they can help you file an emergency motion requesting access.

Also, does your husband have a separation agreement or court order already? Has he been exercising his parenting time in accordance with any order or agreement?

Comment

yes, you can probably do an emergency motion. I had the same problem with my ex and even though it didn't come down to an emergency motion, his denial of access at such a critical time was significantly frowned upon.

If the ex has a lawyer, send a letter immediately, if not, emerg motion.

BTW you can have a clause added to the SA that will detail emergency access in the event this should happen again. We have and though I hope it isn't needed it would prevent this from happening again.

Comment

She has a lawyer however we do not know the name of the lawyer. She wont give out phone numbers, addresses, lawyers, she even blocks on the internet. So I think we will have to file the papers to the court. Thanks so much for the information.

Comment

You know ... despite the fact that ex and I had a quite civil relationship for several years after we first split but now have a pretty much ZERO relationship communication wise I find your post VERY VERY VERY sad.

How ANY parent can pull this crap is just simply mindboggling. I "know" it happens daily but holy crap it's just sad and disheartening.

That said ... "I" believe your bf has a VERY good chance of getting a emergency motion granted so that your step-dd can see her dying grandmother. But sadly, the court systems being what they are doesn't make doing so easy (

Sending you good luck vibes! Hoping for the best for your MiL and your DSD

Comment

I think I'll start a thread on behalf of my ex-husband's ex-wife.

oh....wait.....
            Last edited by blinkandimgone; 01-26-2011, 12:03 AM. Reason: oops! picture this post in the poll thread....

Comment

I'm sorry blinkandimgone but what does that have anything to do with my post? I'm currently with my spouse, he is not my ex. I am a concerned Step parent. I apologize if you cannot understand such a vast issue but I really see no point in your post.

Dunnmom, Thank you for your understanding even little words such as yours makes everyday a little bit easier. So truly, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcernedSTEPparent View Post
                I'm sorry blinkandimgone but what does that have anything to do with my post? I'm currently with my spouse, he is not my ex. I am a concerned Step parent. I apologize if you cannot understand such a vast issue but I really see no point in your post.
                Wow, that was bitchy. My post was clearly intended for a different thread.

Comment

I will agree that I hosted some harsh tone there but you must understand that this topic is a very personal one filled with hurt and raw emotions. I don't see anyone else here talking about their "ex husband's ex wife". If it was ment for a completely different post accept my apology however your insensitive remark did hit a nerve.

Comment

ohmygosh....

Sweetheart... take a deep breath and relax...

We are all here facing "personal topics", filled with "raw emotions"...

Sometimes we just need to simmer down a bit, before we lash out.

I've been around this forum for a while now, and I can assure you I have yet to find a single poster whose sole intention is to hurt others.
                    We are all looking to give and receive help.

Last edited by representingself; 01-26-2011, 12:23 AM. Reason: apparently I can't spell anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by ConcernedSTEPparent View Post
                      I will agree that I hosted some harsh tone there but you must understand that this topic is a very personal one filled with hurt and raw emotions. I don't see anyone else here talking about their "ex husband's ex wife". If it was ment for a completely different post accept my apology however your insensitive remark did hit a nerve.
                      No, you're right, it was talked about in ANOTHER thread, as I said. Please feel free to visit said other thread for enlightenment. PS....in case the joke eludes you there too, my ex-husband's ex-wife would be me. I have no idea why that would hit a nerve with you in any way at all, in this or any other thread.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X