Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:29 PM

Lostforwords is on a distinguished road

Just as long as baby is safe and cared for. That is my main concern. On and off for time. No increase yet. So i cant answer that. I think he wanted every other weekend not every weekend. Is it not odd he hasnt asked for weekday access? I think i kniw why. But isnt the norm weekday as well?
This is why im wondering if mediation is the way to go. Just come to an agreement, have something thats says we can re evaluate after x years etc. Or just go to sc? I want to settle have been wanting since the start bc i know its just fighting for the same outcome. Its going to be x, y or z. There is no other gray area for this. But how willing does the other side have to be to mediate? Also is a sc the same as a cc? If so then it might be useless bc there was just fighting between the lawyers and nithing was resolved even though i was hoping. The other side wont budge on simple things didnt want to pay cs for months. All i know is he is very angry and i dont dwell in thinking about him. Just all the court stuff is stressful and i want to move on with my life. I dont want to keep this battle going. But there are somethings financially that ive consulted with alot of lawyers that are telling me it is in my favor but he is very stubbirn and wont listen to the lawyers.also i have check canlii on this too and i have asked as both sides to make sure im getting told the correct info and not just what i want to hear
Old 11-02-2019, 09:53 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

You send an offer to him for 50/50 and see what he responds with. Always best to avoid court.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:07 PM

Lostforwords is on a distinguished road

K thanks. Can you explain a but for the sc though in case it goes that way.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:01 AM

LovingDad1234 is on a distinguished road

I've been reading the thread, and fully agree that you can't ask for something without giving something up. Lostforwords wants weekends for herself, at the expense of the other parent giving up a weekend day. There is no reason to remove time from the other parent, and from what I read, it appears to be for selfish reasons.

If you want a full weekend for yourself, be prepared to offer the other parent the opposite full weekend for themselves. I've been in the exact same scenario and fully understand. It's no fun not being able to take a weekend roadtrip because each weekend is split between the 2. The solution: 2 weekends per month with you, 2 weekends per month with the other parent.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:42 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
I've been reading the thread, and fully agree that you can't ask for something without giving something up. Lostforwords wants weekends for herself, at the expense of the other parent giving up a weekend day. There is no reason to remove time from the other parent, and from what I read, it appears to be for selfish reasons.

If you want a full weekend for yourself, be prepared to offer the other parent the opposite full weekend for themselves. I've been in the exact same scenario and fully understand. It's no fun not being able to take a weekend roadtrip because each weekend is split between the 2. The solution: 2 weekends per month with you, 2 weekends per month with the other parent.
If there was an option here to put a like for this post above I would. For now it's just this: 100000%