Making sure im on the right path.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mess View Post
    Well, arguably, she chose to have sex and a child with someone with existing issues around transportation, for whatever reason. If she is mobile and he is not, then what is the best interest of the child?

That said, it looks better on Syn if he is working on transportation issues. Ideally if one is putting the child first, then one is working toward being able to deal with any and all eventualities.
    I think ?? from what I've read, they were in the same hick town during their brief relationship. She is mobile now, due to family. He is not, apparently. I'm not sure a desire to be off of the grid is a valid reason for non-mobility.

From Mr. Chartrand's case (that was posted earlier this evening), it appeared that in his case, it was his responsibility to arrange transport. And he had several health/mental issues, over and above non-diagnosed questionable heart issues. I'm just curious, any cases where the custodial/mobile parent was required to provide/arrange transport.
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

• Originally posted by SynGreis View Post
      since monday is his first birthday and i just realized that next tuesday is case conference so really she only have to pick me up once. not that much to ask.

also its worth mentioning that while we may have some time together(with assumption it would be her picking me up) then it would offer a chance to try and settle this while we are in the car together. Again, its only once and its his birthday. after that case conference is next and i have no idea what will happen there.
      Maybe if you offered her gas money she'd be more likely to help you out? If I'm remembering your posts correctly, you're not paying child support currently. It seems unfair that she absorb the costs of you living out of town and having no transportation on top of no other financial contribution.

Comment

• im not off the grid, even if i were i would still look for transportation of some sort.

i moved to windsor in november because all the things i had to do was in windsor.

i did offered her gas money but i still have no response.

Again. This is only going to happen once. And its our childs first birthday. Im not asking her to do this every single week. Its until case conference so its only going to happen once.

Comment

im not off the grid, even if i were i would still look for transportation of some sort.

i moved to windsor in november because all the things i had to do was in windsor.

i did offered her gas money but i still have no response.

Again. This is only going to happen once. And its our childs first birthday. Im not asking her to do this every single week. Its until case conference so its only going to happen once.
          Nothing is going to be settled at the case conference if your ex's lawyer already told you she doesn't want to settle. More than likely, you'll be dealing with the same access schedule afterwards, and the same transportation issues.

Comment

• no it wont. the intermin order says that access must be revisited by end of january.

and also about that case where the father had to get his own transportation. his case isnt the same as mine.

Comment

no it wont. the intermin order says that access must be revisited by end of january.

and also about that case where the father had to get his own transportation. his case isnt the same as mine.
              I don't think it matters if the last order says access must be revisited. If you're revisiting it at a case conference, orders can only be made by mutual consent of the parties.

Comment

• the interim order was made before case conference ate was set.

Comment

• it did not specify that it would be revisited at CC because this order was made before she filed her answer, just that it must be revisited by end of january.

Comment

the interim order was made before case conference ate was set.
                    And the temp order gives her custody and you supervised access weekly? It's the order you accidentally consented to, is it not?
                    I don't think access being "revisited" necessarily means changed. I'm sure one of the more experienced posters can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are indeed going to a case conference, no orders can be made unless both parties consent.

Comment

• Syn, I don't own a car, but I live in downtown Toronto where I can walk/bike/transit/cab anywhere I need to in minutes. From what you describe about your situation, you need to be able to show you have options. If your ex is your only transportation option it doesn't look good.

That alone isn't going to destroy your case, but this is a game of inches. If you are able to show you are doing something to enable more for your child, it always looks good on you.

Comment

• Edited. I thought the mom lived in Chattam, not Cottom. Looks like you may have to pay the cab fare there and back unless supervised access could be arranged at a centre in Windsor and the mom was willing to take the kid there.

Comment

• yea i was biking and i never had a problem before. But this time for some reason my heart gave out. So until i have clearacne from my doctor he advised against it.

paying 132$ is something i dont have. She knows that i dont have money to drop like that.

i have tried to get other people to drive me just this one week but no one can do it. i have done as much as possible to see my child to get things that would enable his further growth such as strollers that he can use to walk and etc.

I was a ward of the state before(foster care in quebec). I can tell you supervised access is NOT THE SAME.

You can give a mouse all the food and wheels it can ever want but if you control the environment it will still be agitated.

If people go supervised access, your environment is still subjected to whoever is supervising, there is NO REASON, NONE whatsoever that supervised access should continue. They have not filed anything to say that i am incapable. In fact they have not filed a single thing other than her answer.

Comment

• And also, if i didnt consent to that order i would not have been able to see my son at all because of the conduct the mother has done. I did it because it was in the best interest for the child to maintain a bond with his father.

Comment

• Ok guys case conference and custody order is coming up.

For the motion, if i want to use case law do i need to include the entire case in the attached motion listed as exhibit or.....

Comment

yea i was biking and i never had a problem before. But this time for some reason my heart gave out. So until i have clearacne from my doctor he advised against it.

paying 132$ is something i dont have. She knows that i dont have money to drop like that.

i have tried to get other people to drive me just this one week but no one can do it. i have done as much as possible to see my child to get things that would enable his further growth such as strollers that he can use to walk and etc.

I was a ward of the state before(foster care in quebec). I can tell you supervised access is NOT THE SAME.

You can give a mouse all the food and wheels it can ever want but if you control the environment it will still be agitated.

If people go supervised access, your environment is still subjected to whoever is supervising, there is NO REASON, NONE whatsoever that supervised access should continue. They have not filed anything to say that i am incapable. In fact they have not filed a single thing other than her answer.
                                thought you said before that you had friends etc who could drive you if needed? If you did mention it then this throws a monkey wrench on that if they wont even give you a ride to see your child. If you did say it in court documents then the jusdge will ask why did you miss a visit and once you mention no one could/would give you a ride, he will realize your means of transportation are not reliable.

Easiest solution, move closer to the mother.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X