Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Swear/Affirm and File At Different Courthouses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Swear/Affirm and File At Different Courthouses?

Would anyone happen to know whether you can swear/affirm (sign in front of commissioner) court forms at one court house, but file them at another?

My husband and I are wondering whether he can swear/affirm his court documents at the courthouse close to our home, and if I can file the signed documents on his behalf at the courhouse where the case is being heard.

Does anyone know about this?

yes you can or you can including the affidavit of service, or pay for a commissionare , we have done that cost from 10-40

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated11 View Post
      yes you can or you can including the affidavit of service, or pay for a commissionare , we have done that cost from 10-40
      Okay, so if my husband goes to the local courthouse and swears/affirms his documents... then I can file the forms for him at the courthouse where the case is being heard?

We don't really need a third party to file it for us... it's simply a matter of my husband not being able to take time off to file the forms himself. It is easier for him to stop by a local courthouse and sign in front of a commissioner on his way home from work, than it is having to take a full day off to drive out to the actual courthouse, signing the documents there, and filing them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X