Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:23 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough
Default Return to FRO after withdrawing from them

Anyone know about the procedure for re-registering with the FRO? We withdrew from FRO involvement when we settled almost two years ago, but I have reason to believe we will need to re-involve them in a few months.

For the purpose of this question, assume no change in CS from the final order.

I know that there is a $50 fee levied by the FRO to re-register with them, but I was wondering whether there has to be another court order or whether I can just re-register our final order with them and avoid another court appearance.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 PM

sufferer is on a distinguished road

Call them at 1-800-267-4330 and request a REOPEN A CASE form.It will have the complete info (fees and requirements).Not to mention it will take around 6-8 weeks before they are actually involved.

Last edited by sufferer; 01-19-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-19-2010, 11:59 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Thanks sufferer! It appears that another court appearance is not necessary then.

Here's a link to that Form:

http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/fo...monlyUsed.aspx

It's actually called a Notice of Re-Filing. You also have to complete a new Registration Package and a Statement of Arrears.

Last edited by dadtotheend; 01-20-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 AM

As long as there is an active court order/domestic agrement effective no further appearance is neeeded.FRo would send you the form or you might get it from any Ontario works office as there is a FRO officer on site(atleast there is one on 100 constellation,ottawa west)
I never take the DOWNLOAD option due to lack of printer but i found the link to the form .HERE IT IS

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetAttachDocs/006-FRO-016E~2/$File/FRO-016E.pdf
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 AM

That's great, thanks again sufferer.

I will likely be going down that road when SS terminates forever in a few months and she starts owing me CS. Currently the amount of SS I pay her is greater than the CS she pays me and I give her the difference.

Mind you, her income has increased and our order calls for a CS review soon, so I will probably be back in court anyway when she resists the increase. But meanwhile I can enforce the existing amount during the many months it will take to get a revised order.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:40 AM

You are welcome.I know you have sole custody and being on the same boat I know how hard it is to manage everything.
BEST OF LUCK .I hope your children start getting their right ASAP
You might now but I will still write.Make sure you put in the CS orders that parties wil exchange NOA each yearno later than 15th may.And the payor will start the CS as per the income effective june of evry year

Last edited by sufferer; 01-20-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:30 AM

Thanks, we already have a June 1 date of exchange of income tax info in our existing order and a May 1 review date so those are already in place (even though the dates are backward - how do you change the CS effective May but get the income tax June 1? no biggy to get around that)

Last edited by dadtotheend; 01-20-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Closed Thread