X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can take awhile....

Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
    How long does it take for FRO to process the paperwork and start passing the CS on(providing ex pays up)?

FRO does not move fast at all. My agreement was signed May 30th and FRO didn't acknowledge receiving a copy until mid-July.

I sorta jumped the wait by contacting FRO immediately (like June 2 or something) and then faxing my handwritten agreement that I received on May 30th. If you're in financial need, as I was, I suggest making contact yourself. I managed to get the first cheque around the same time I got the acknowledgement from FRO about the paperwork being received. Which according to FRO themselves was way ahead of schedule. The next issue was, although my agreement was signed May 30th, they wouldn't automatically collect June support because "they didn't get involved until July". So, it took a statement of arrears to get the June payment.

They don't garnish wages unless the payor is 3 months behind - or at least that's what the MPP told me. And, if support is stated as due on the 1st ... FRO gives them 35 days to pay.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X