No announcement yet.

Dro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! I have watched my daughter at her competitions and she excited about cheerleading.

So at the age of 13 my daughter can decide weather she wants visit me on my access weekends?

I may consider booking a DRO to see if I have case for additional access time? Is there any other recommendations to confirm weather I have case before pursuing this?

I never consented to have my daughter enrolled in cheerleading. She was enrolled in gynamistics which I have continued to pay the capped amount that's stated in the order. I haven't agreed to pay the cost difference of cheerleading which $3000.

My argument is the added extra-curricular activities have eroded my quality time with the children. Doesn't judge look at the amount access time they spent with their father because according to what was mentioned earlier its frowned upon with mum?

Comment

If anything they would look at her refusal to allow for make up time. Her response could be that the kids want to do the activity and they get a say.

I don’t understand what the issue with the time is if its your time and you are taking her. You would rather the two of you just be sitting at home? Is it really that big of a deal to be sitting on the sidelines watching as opposed to sitting on a couch? I don’t get it.

I also don’t understand this dro you keep talking about. DRO stands for dispute resolution officer at a dispute resolution conference. You can book one but they aren’t binding and your ex doesnt have to do what you want. At 13 a judge won’t force a kid to be with you. If you are at work they won’t force the kid to sit at your house either. Your best bet would be to continue to spend the weekends you do have with your kid at their activity and encourage them to spend time with you whenever they want. As they get older they will decide where they want to spend their time.

If this was a case of a five year old and your ex was reducing your time and not giving you parenting time then it might be worth a court action but your daughter is 13 and by the time you got in front of a judge—too old to be forced.

Comment

Just to clarify I dont mind taking the children to their activities it's the makeup time that I'm disputed and also would like to request some additional access..

My daughter is 10 and son is 11 turning 12 in May... How in the world can I encourage my kids to spend time with me if there's a court order which only allows access every 2nd weekend? Also if DRO doesnt force the ex back to court what would?

Comment

I thought you had mentioned your daughter was 13.

In this case, as she has already started the process to collect money, you could schedule the next date (whether that is a case conference or a dispute resolution conference) and seek more time. You should pay up whatever cs arrears you may have and develop a schedule (in the best interest of the kids) that you would propose. You would also need to provide all the times you requested make up time and her refusals. I can’t say it will work but if you are adamant about filing it, you may as well try.

Comment

No she is 10yrs old and my son will be 12 in May.

I already sent a proposal to her lawyer October 7th and got no response. Unfortunately when you have somebody that's unreasonable I have no choice but to go in front of judge. I will sent my ex another letter to schedule a DRO. Sounds like she doesn't want to go back to court. It's been a week since I requested her new lawyer contact info.. No response.. I've been documenting all the suspended access to date.

Comment

I don’t understand why you think your ex should have to bend to your work schedule? You have an order that spells out what happens if you’re working afternoons. If it didn’t specify make up time, then she doesn’t have to allow it. You are asking your ex to switch weekend schedules to accommodate you. What’s going to happen if six months down the road your schedule changes again and you work opposite weekends again? Are you going to expect your ex to again switch up time to accommodate you? You have a pretty crappy order if it states you lose parenting time but there is no make up time mentioned.

As for the activity... why is it that parents claim the “taking away from my time” when it’s an activity their children enjoy? My husband tried this crap not to long ago. My step daughter plays a spot that we aren’t fond of, she plays it with her mom, step dad and step sister... so often plays on Saturdays which means our EOW we usually have to drive an hour there and back so she can play. It’s not losing time, it’s called being a parent. That is what parents do, they take their kids to activities and you want make up time for having to spend a few hours in a vehicle for your children? My husband and I have had it out about this but if he ever mentioned make up time because he drove his child to and from a game, I’d have his head.

As for paying, I’d continue paying the $95... if she wants more let her take you to court.

I don’t see you having a case here for court. You agreed to a crappy clause about your work schedule, you have a clause regarding traveling and decided to disregard and take the child to practice (as you should!) and you have a clause regarding payment. You may not like how these clauses work sometimes (you know when it doesn’t benefit you) but they are what you agreed to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Update!

I sent my ex a request to schedule a dro.. week has gone by with no response.. I want to move this case forward..

She doesn't have a lawyer.. any recommendation on how i can move this case forward unrepresented?

Comment

Go to the trial coordinators office and get a date for the next conference.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                    Go to the trial coordinators office and get a date for the next conference.
                    Sorry! I mant to say I'm not getting a response from my ex. She doesn't seem to want to go back in court.. What is the next step to get this case to move forward when the other party doesnt want to cooperate?

Comment

Go to the trial coordinators office and get a date for a conference.

She will be obligated to either file a response or ask for an adjournment. If she asks for an adjournment you can refuse and outline for the judge that this case has been dragging and you want it to move forward.

Comment

Go to the trial coordinators office and get a date for a conference.

She will be obligated to either file a response or ask for an adjournment. If she asks for an adjournment you can refuse and outline for the judge that this case has been dragging and you want it to move forward.
                        So just book a date and tell my ex when it is and she's obligated to file a response?

Comment

Dro

I think you have to serve her with a notice of conference date.

ETA: you may want to get your cs amounts up to date before your conference too. Not s7 but monthly cs. Regardless of how you feel about parenting time, your cs is set on your income and if you are in arrears you need to get them up to date as a judge will give you grief BEFORE they give your ex grief about anything.
                          Last edited by rockscan; 02-03-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

How do I file a notice of conference date? This is for DRO right.. Is there a form or can I just book a date and tell her via talking parents?

Comment

Did she not file in court for support and expenses? If yes then there is an open file. You would go to the trial coordinators office at your courthouse and tell them you want to book a conference. They will give you a date on a form and you sign it and serve a copy on your ex. Then you file your conference brief with the court snd your ex.

Comment

Did she not file in court for support and expenses? If yes then there is an open file. You would go to the trial coordinators office at your courthouse and tell them you want to book a conference. They will give you a date on a form and you sign it and serve a copy on your ex. Then you file your conference brief with the court snd your ex.
                                She did file Mtc which addressed the following issues of s7 expenses and access(consent to taking my daughter to cheer leading. Since MTC was filed with the court I've consented to take my daughter to cheer leading and I've payed $5,000 towards s7/support arrears which leaves $3,800 outstanding in s7 arrears.

Since all of her issues have been addressed.... access being the main key player and fact I've payed $5,000 towards the arrears. This explains her stall tactics and why I haven't received a response to my proposal she received back in October.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X