Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:15 PM

thh1 is on a distinguished road
Default Vacation time in family law

Hi, everyone, hope anybody has some idea how to determine ď vacation timeĒ. Per court order, non- custody parent has 7 days vacation time every year. What I understand, vacation time means far from the home. I asked my ex the hotel booking information about 7 days, he ends up only 2 days short road trip out of city. I asked him to drop kids directly the next day morning in school and he refused. He states that 7 day vacation time means kids can stay with him and skip all classes/ afternoon extracurricular program. He is not necessarily going out of town. Vacation day also could stay home.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:29 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I agree with your ex... he can use vacation as he chooses... he doesnít have to leave town... he can do day trips etc... you donít get to dictate how he spends his vacation. Unless your agreement states he has to be so far from home to get his vacation you have no merit. When I take vacation from work we donít always go away... we stay home, do day trips, have some lazy days, do an overnight somewhere... not everyone can afford to do a week long vacation but that doesnít mean they arenít entitled to vacation. Thatís my opinion anyways...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2019, 06:09 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Berner is right. His time his decisions his rules.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:43 AM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

I totally agree. His vacation time is to do whatever he wants - even if it means the kids miss school or activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2019, 01:38 PM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thh1 View Post
I asked my ex the hotel booking information about 7 days, he ends up only 2 days short road trip out of city. I asked him to drop kids directly the next day morning in school
Ew. Donít be one of those parents
Old 10-05-2019, 04:10 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

If I was your ex I wouldn't even give you the hotel booking information and I would hope you dragged me to court.

He gets his 7 days. If he wants to play video games with the kids at home for the week then so be it.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:17 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by janus View Post
if i was your ex i wouldn't even give you the hotel booking information and i would hope you dragged me to court.

omg, loooool
Old 10-05-2019, 05:23 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

The poster sounds like one parent I know, unfortunately.

As per lawyers advice, this parent was told we are taking staycation.

The response: THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

hahahaha, objections about everything and anything. You tell this person - water is wet. The response will be: THIS IS RIDICOULOS! YOU ARE PATHETIC!
Old 10-06-2019, 01:03 AM

Ana Ana is on a distinguished road

I can understand your concerns, but yes it seams that by law his time is his time he can do what ever he wants, I know u r thinking if u r not travelling why not to send the kids to the school or to their activities? But thatís the case.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:44 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road
Default Vacation time in family law

What I donít understand is why the other parent is taking the kid out of school for those days? I mean, if theyíre entitled to it...okay, their vacation- their decision. But just curious. How old are the kids?