"I haven't read all the way throught the thread, but here's what I think"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
    Easiest solution to that is to copy the link to the post with information. It saves you time from repeating yourself and it keeps your story straight as slight wording changes between the posts may cause more questions that necessary.
    Very true. I should have done that all along. Good advice!!

Comment

LOL - You'll still get people saying:

"I saw that link you posted to the thread that explains your situation, but I didn't have time to read it, so here's what I have to say: Why didn't you just specifically ask your ex to not take your child away, in advance of her doing it? Then, she would have clearly not done it, and you wouldn't be in this mes. Oh, and I'm not sure if you have done so or not already, because I haven't read the whole thread, but I suggest you get a lawyer to help with your case, and seek immediate counselling. Oh, and you really should ask for more than 3 hours of access. Only having that much time can really hurt you when it comes to a final decision."

Comment

Originally posted by Straittohell View Post
        LOL - You'll still get people saying:

"I saw that link you posted to the thread that explains your situation, but I didn't have time to read it, so here's what I have to say: Why didn't you just specifically ask your ex to not take your child away, in advance of her doing it? Then, she would have clearly not done it, and you wouldn't be in this mes. Oh, and I'm not sure if you have done so or not already, because I haven't read the whole thread, but I suggest you get a lawyer to help with your case, and seek immediate counselling. Oh, and you really should ask for more than 3 hours of access. Only having that much time can really hurt you when it comes to a final decision."
        While I know you are certainly being sarcastic, I don't think anyone would suggest this.

The biggest issue most who come here have is that they didn't do something instantly. The time for action is when the instance happens (ie. ex leaves the matrimonial home with the child). Some may argue against an emergency motion, but in general it is better to do it and possibly fail then to do nothing and let yourself be controlled by the ex and their imposed schedule.

Comment

HammerDad, I've paraphrased pretty much all of that stuff, based on what has shown up on LF32s threads.

A few people have suggested that since it wasn't appropriate for the ex to do what she is doing, that she should simply be told to stop, and surely, she will. They also make sweeping statements like "surely you must have known something like this was coming, there is no way that someone would mislead you into thinking everything was fine and then just leave without notice."

I'm not kidding. That is partly what inspired me to start this thread. Poor LF32 has painstakingly explain on numerous occasions how everything went down, and yet, there are still people making statements demonstrating complete ignorance of what has been happening to him. That's pretty much what was behind my vent.

Comment

I went to police next day to file missing persons

Got lawyer not too long after who tracked down her lawyer and served application

Went for emergency motion

I didnt wait for much.
            Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-27-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
              I went to police next day to file missing persons

Got lawyer not too long after who tracked down her lawyer and served application

Went for emergency motion

I didnt wait for much.
              Not sure the missing person would be necessary, but be that as it may, that is simply my thinking. All told, it was probably a reactionary thing, and those things happen.

But mainly, I felt you did a decent job of acting and not reacting.

My comments to the point in this thread is where you, or anyone, have a question about a matter related to your case, it is almost always better to start another thread with that question. If people ask for information because they haven't read the history, they are likely to read the link if you provide one.

Comment

Originally posted by Straittohell View Post
                HammerDad, I've paraphrased pretty much all of that stuff, based on what has shown up on LF32s threads.

A few people have suggested that since it wasn't appropriate for the ex to do what she is doing, that she should simply be told to stop, and surely, she will. They also make sweeping statements like "surely you must have known something like this was coming, there is no way that someone would mislead you into thinking everything was fine and then just leave without notice."

I'm not kidding. That is partly what inspired me to start this thread. Poor LF32 has painstakingly explain on numerous occasions how everything went down, and yet, there are still people making statements demonstrating complete ignorance of what has been happening to him. That's pretty much what was behind my vent.

There is no fixing stupid but duct tape helps keep it to a minimum

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
                  Not sure the missing person would be necessary, but be that as it may, that is simply my thinking. All told, it was probably a reactionary thing, and those things happen.

But mainly, I felt you did a decent job of acting and not reacting.

My comments to the point in this thread is where you, or anyone, have a question about a matter related to your case, it is almost always better to start another thread with that question. If people ask for information because they haven't read the history, they are likely to read the link if you provide one.
                  Oh. Lol. Yea I agree. I should probably make my threads more topic-specific and limit the number of pgs.

Comment

I like the daily burn of the lf32 thread...it is getting huge but I find it interesting.

The only problem I see with it is there is no way I think someone could start from the top and read all the way through.

Both lf32 and I started reading WorkingDads posts and I can say I learned a lot from it. Although there were obviously long gaps in time between posts it was helpful to gleam some instruction from it. So where workingdads post didn't have enough running commentary, lf32 probably has too much for someone in the future to go through.

Not that it's a problem really...it's just a different flavor. I think lf32 digest might be helpful for future cases to fully appreciate all the emotional aspects of the "ride". It helped me read both lf32 and WD not just when they were cool but also when they were burning up .

It helps to say...hey that's exactly how I feel...and then it helps you jettison that baggage faster I think.

Comment

If someone creates long, winding threads, the signal-to-noise ratio will inevitably start to drop. That's the risk you take when you tell long, very detailed stories that spin out over hundreds of pages. If you find that someone's post isn't as informative or helpful as it could be because that person isn't aware of details that were explained 87 pages ago, just skip over the post. You don't need to respond in order to set everyone straight. It's just one of the costs of posting on a free Internet forum frequented by interested amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                        If someone creates long, winding threads, the signal-to-noise ratio will inevitably start to drop. That's the risk you take when you tell long, very detailed stories that spin out over hundreds of pages. If you find that someone's post isn't as informative or helpful as it could be because that person isn't aware of details that were explained 87 pages ago, just skip over the post. You don't need to respond in order to set everyone straight. It's just one of the costs of posting on a free Internet forum frequented by interested amateurs.
                        That's a fair account. It becomes tough to skip over when it's argued over 4-5 posts that I didnt do an EM .. or that I don't deserve unsupervised access. But I get your point.

Comment

I haven't read this whole thread but I'm pretty sure that I disagree with everything that was said.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                            I haven't read this whole thread but I'm pretty sure that I disagree with everything that was said.
                            You have paraphrased the title of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                              I like rainbows.
                              Last edited by Tayken; 08-31-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I find if posters on here can't ascertain the particular facts of the scenario being presented by someone, they do try to offer the best general advice they can...for an anonymous online Internet forum.

It's practically impossible to follow some of the long-running threads on here. I know, I'm not going to wade through 15+ pages of a thread (or multiple threads), to try and make sure I'm up-to-date on someone's family law issue. Some people enjoy that...I do not.

I think it's really up to the original poster's to try and capture as much good info, concisely, as they can, to properly present their scenario, if they are looking for valuable responses...again, on an anonymous, online Internet forum.

I think poster's who need to rely on multiple long-running threads, to present their scenario, will have a harder time in court (if it comes to that), because it seems like they can't present well. Hopefully, they have a lawyer, who can. Are you going to comment to a judge, "gee, I already explained that in x document, page 255?"

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X