Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge criticizes 'devious' woman who changed boy's name without father's consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge criticizes 'devious' woman who changed boy's name without father's consent

Judge criticizes 'devious' woman who changed boy's name without father's consent | CTV News

The judge ended up ordering that the lastname be hyphenated...new "step-dads" lastname first, followed by bio-Dad's lastname.

I read that and I though that the name should have been ordered to be change back to what it was originally.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      I read that and I though that the name should have been ordered to be change back to what it was originally.
      Yeah, I was surprised that they simply tacked Dad's surname on, but it probably is because the kid has had the "stepdad" surname since 2009 already.

Comment

For those interested in reading the caselaw on this here is the case on Canlii.org

Baker v. Aboud, 2017 NSSC 42
        http://canlii.ca/t/gxlbf
        or
        http://www.canlii.org/en/ns/nssc/doc...017nssc42.html

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
          Yeah, I was surprised that they simply tacked Dad's surname on, but it probably is because the kid has had the "stepdad" surname since 2009 already.
          Seems like a simple case of a judge making the most neutral choice possible by ordering that the child's name be the hyphenated names of each of his parents, in the usual alphabetical order.

It's not so much that it's the name of the step-dad, it's that it's the name of the mother because she changed hers upon marriage.

Comment

a Canadian judge would. that's so Canadian.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X