Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBDad, that is a very interesting comment. I dont know if there is any difference in Ontario, I'm not really sure what I'm under. She was the one who filed and as far as I understand it was everything at once, to the best of my knowledge once spousal support is dealt with we automatically move on to property then divorce.

Comment

Legal aid in Ontario won't pay for property or divorce. Likely the same lawyer will represent her but she'll have to pay herself. Strategicly might be useful to come to a support settlement early and then let her squirm paying for the rest.

Comment

Unfortunately its the SS hearings that SUCK ALL the money out of you before hand.
        I agree with your advice so if anyone has any other advice on how you come to any sort of a fair out of court settlement with someone who is motivated solely by spite and vandictiveness and a lawyer who is continuing to light the fire I'm all ears.

Comment

I'm in Ontario, and once her legal aid hours were burnt towards support, her lawayer then advised she had to start to pay, and of course a more reasonable approach and quick settlement followed, just before trial....Great advice above...think about it, the other party will likely be much more willing to settle properly if the threat of payling legal fee's comes forth.

Comment

I have been told by my lawyer he is not allowed to question if she is on legal aid or not although im sure she is. Its more of an educated guess she has been cut off but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X