Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support - Rental income not on line 150

Hello,
    I'd like some advice on how to handle soon to be ex reported income. He is not reporting rental income in determining child support. He reports rental income under capital cost allowance therefore is not reflected on line 150 on his tax return. Please Help!!! thank you!!

Rental income is impacted by other costs which is probably why its not reported on line 150. Revenue Canada calculates it following a number of expenses being taken off.

Comment

Just to clarify, I'm not referring to gross rental income but "net" rental income. (Expenses being mortgage interest, operating, repairs, maintenance, etc)

Comment

Did your ex report anything on line 126? Because thats the income and it could be a loss depending on the situation.

Comment

Search for "child support rental income capital cost allowance" on CanLII.

Here is a case where judge ordered the CCA deduction to be added back into the income used to determine CS.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/do...&resultIndex=4
          Last edited by dinkyface; 02-21-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Perfect - exactly what I needed!!! Thank you so much!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X