Access %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    There are a lot of divorced parents who need a good clocking to get over themselves.
    I know we've talked about this, but I think mandatory co-parenting counseling should be the norm. Look, you 2 are co-parents, so stop it with the petty crap and using the kid to get back at the other parent. Purposely dropping off the kids hungry? Being late? Not bringing kids to activities? Not paying support? Not using child support on child? You are hurting the kids, not the other parent.... and eventually the kids get wise to whats going on.... I have a friend who spent 17 years in the ringer with his ex. Constant court appearances. Kid is 17 years old and calls his mom "the wall". As soon as he turns 18, he is moving in with his dad, to make up for all the lost time. Why ruin your children's childhood because you are vindictive towards the ex?

Comment

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
      I know we've talked about this, but I think mandatory co-parenting counseling should be the norm. Look, you 2 are co-parents, so stop it with the petty crap and using the kid to get back at the other parent. Purposely dropping off the kids hungry? Being late? Not bringing kids to activities? Not paying support? Not using child support on child? You are hurting the kids, not the other parent.... and eventually the kids get wise to whats going on.... I have a friend who spent 17 years in the ringer with his ex. Constant court appearances. Kid is 17 years old and calls his mom "the wall". As soon as he turns 18, he is moving in with his dad, to make up for all the lost time. Why ruin your children's childhood because you are vindictive towards the ex?
      Preaching to the choir LD1234
      Cottage and BMW values would plummet when the family legal fees dried up.
      No impetus for the system to change.
      Judicial reviews get shelved.
      It is a cash cow and kids are paying it all in the end.
      The worst public policy imaginable.

Comment

Remember though that judges can only do so much and when you have an unreasonable ex there is a lot of difficulty.

My husbands ex began conditioning the kids before they split. As far as they knew he was a bad person. Plus kids are stunted at the emotional level when parents split. I remember being really angry with my dad because he left when he was teaching me to ride a bike. I look back now and see how ridiculous I was for thinking that. Or not understanding why he was sleeping on the floor at his friends house when he had a bed with my mom. That was what my mom wanted—us to hate him for leaving us.

When my husband started his case with his ex none of what was going on mattered because it was all about money. She filled her documents with useless emotional garbage and he couldn’t defend it because it wasn’t relevant. Sure the judge at their one motion shut her down and she had to pay thousands of his costs but that was one case and it was a drop in the bucket of his expenses.

The only thing you can really do is live within your situation and try to keep a level head. Take things as they come and respond accordingly. It will end one day and your kids WILL SEE THROUGH IT. Patience is a virtue albeit a difficult one to follow in family law. As a former alienated kid and the wife of a divorced man, I can safely say you will get through this.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          I would start an enforcement agency only if it meant I could punch people in the face.
          I bet a punch in the face would solve a lot of parenting-time issues.

"I was concerned that the other parent was not feeding our child the appropriate food so I withheld..."

KAPOW!

Comment

"I am concerned about exchanges between the parents of the children for Coronavirus and am thinking of restricting access, but its perfectly acceptable for any and all members of my extended family to come/go from my house" KAPOW!

Comment

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
              "I am concerned about exchanges between the parents of the children for Coronavirus and am thinking of restricting access, but its perfectly acceptable for any and all members of my extended family to come/go from my house" KAPOW!
              "What precautions are you and your household taking to avoid risk and stay healthy?"
              submitted directly to rockscan for a big Kapow

Comment

Im going to need massage therapy for all this kapowing and they are all closed!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X