This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• house division

My ex-boyfriends's mother gave him $20,000 when we bought our new home (I put in some money for down payment as well) I didn't want her money because I wanted us to buy the house on our own and not rely on his mom. I didn't want her having that to hang over our heads. She constantly gave monetary gifts and big gifts like major appliances etc. Now that we are selling the house, my ex says that her money comes off the top and goes back to her. I never signed any documents about this money, I didn't even agree to it at the beginning. She will never make him pay her back so really the $20,000 is back in his pocket and I leave with nothing. I paid half of every bill and mortgage payment. (even though he makes twice as much as me) I also did ALL work for the house: repairs, cleaning, cooking, decorating, laundry... you name it. He spent 2 years getting high.
    Any advice?

Hello getmeout,
    Sorry to here about your situation. Here is some information from this site. If you need the help/advise of a lawyer I would recommend Behrendt Law Chambers.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/propertydivision.htm

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X