X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanLII

Good Day,

Was wondering if someone could tell me why I can't find my court case (re: spousal support) on the CanLII site. Are some just not published?
    I often go there to read up on the different cases, for reference, etc.. but have never been able to find my own.
    I put in a request to CanLII, a few weeks ago, but have no reply, as yet.

Thank You
    Have a great day!
    ~Darlynn

Did you make it to trial? I think the only cases there are ones in which a trial was held? Is that right?

Comment

Hi Dadtotheend,

Well, I'm assumming it was a trail...had a lawyer, a judge heard the case, he ruled.
      I have a court order, but even can't find it with my case #...

Comment

You would know if it went to trial. It would have taken a long time (over a year probably) and, including all the legal fees leading up and at trial, would have been horrendously expensive.

Sounds like your court order is an order on consent of the parties. As the evidence wasn't properly heard and challeneged in a trial situation, your case wouldn't make it to CanLII, I'm pretty sure.

Does anyone know if motion rulings are posted to CanLII? I'm guessing not.

Comment

Hi.

Well all I can say is it take a long time, over two years. He left in 2002 case wasn't heard till 2004. As far as the costs, you're right, they were expensive, which I had to pay. He was too cheap to even hire a lawyer, for himself.

"Order of consent of the parties?"
          Should that be mentioned somewhere on my court papers/ court order?

Thanks for your reply...appreciate it.
          ~Darlynn

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X