Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Already on LAO, if I "win 10k" this month - would that kick me off LAO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already on LAO, if I "win 10k" this month - would that kick me off LAO?

-On LAO for family matter, income is ODSP-only; my lawyer has indicated I may be able to switch my LAO certificate to indicate my status as an abused spouse but that since we're years past the separation now, not much point.

-Told LAO about a hunting cabin I owned, gave honest property valuation of 10k, they said that wouldn't affect anything, still qualify for LAO, no liens, so I've been using LAO for three years now.

-Now I'm curious about selling my hunt cabin for 10k cash to help me pay rent bills - but don't want to do it if it would terminate my LAO since obviously then I'd be a lot worse off.

-Yes, "Call and ask them", but they don't like to answer anonymous questions and I'd rather not tell them that I specifically may have a buyer for my property in case they hold that against me and try to pressure me to sell or get a lien pointing out that I'm sure LAO has spent 10k on me over the past three years.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X