Finding Payor for Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Payor for Service

I need to file an application against my payor. He has no involvement with our daughter. I just found out he sold his home privately in the last six months. He's a laid off pilot. He could be anywhere. I've had a company conduct a property title search for Ontario. No property listed in his name. Anyone have any suggestions?

Finding Payor for Service

The normal searches-family, social media, friends etc. The problem though is that if he doesn’t want to be found, he can disappear. If you have an existing agreement/order then you can file it for enforcement if your province allows it. All that will do is garnish his income tax that he gets. He might get his license suspended.

He could also file a motion himself and outline he is unemployed and have support reduced.

Should also note that selling your home is not considered income. You can’t go after that and claim it’s his income.

Comment

Thank you for responding. Yes, I realized his home was not income. I think this one will disappear. We previously had an uncontested trial as the judge was fed up with him. And he was specifically told he had to inform me of address change, previously. The writing was on the wall. He has the skills (and has flipped 3 houses in the past 2 years). He usually profits $150-250k per flip, but doesn't disclose to CRA.

The difference this time - he's dumping his home. He's seeking it for 2/3 of market price. And he hasn't bought a second home to flip. So it's a strange sequence. He hasn't stayed with the same airline. Right now, he's claiming long term disability with a major airline (so he can not be laid off during covid). But I suspect as he is 55, he may be looking at getting an early retirement. But why sell your home at such a low profit? And he's only listed it on Kijiji and Facebook. Not realtor.CA (which he has access to as he also has a real estate license). It's all just very strange, so I suspect he's packing up and going, but who knows where especially during covid. All just very strange.

How common is it for fro to take his driver's license?

Comment

If he gets to over $3000 in arrears they suspend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Piolet probably left the country to work in a zone where the long arm of enforcement for child support can't touch him. Wouldn't be surprised if he is operating out of Dubai or similar. Lots of work for him out that way and very welcoming to someone with his talent and skill. Lots of deadbeat parents are in Dubai.

Comment

You're exactly right Tayken. He previously made it to the final interview for Emirates. He told me he never took the job as his other daughter was only 12, at the time. But it was a dream job for him. But now, that daughter is 18 and needs her post-secondary paid for. He had enough gull to text me and ask if I knew a way out of it. Believe it or not. (He thinks I'm am expert at this stuff because of the uncontested trial - meanwhile I don't have a clue about family law).

It's really unfortunate, as my daughter has never met his other daughter. His other ex-wife isn't exactly friendly. Lots of lost relationships here.

Comment

Get it filed with FRO because he will come back to the country one day and they will freeze his license and garnish his taxes. It will happen until he has paid it all. My father was still having his CPP and OAS garnished until my mother died!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X