Ots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ots

Has anyone here ever done a OTS with a SS proposal lower than what the SSAG suggests??

advice please..

The SSAG suggested $1200-$1400 per month for 7 years when my ex's lawyer plugged in my gross salary and nothing else. One of the members here had the software and he helped me with it so I could plug in all the other numbers the software allows, and that came out if I remember well ~$700. Using only the payor's gross is a scam in itself. I don't know what would have been the judge's decision when she sees two different numbers calculated with the same software, as we came up with an agreement avoiding court. And paying $0 SS. )

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
      I don't know what would have been the judge's decision when she sees two different numbers calculated with the same software, as we came up with an agreement avoiding court. And paying $0 SS. )
      That is quite an accomplishment Bit. Did you end up with something that would offer you a tax break? My ex wanted to lump everything into a SS payment as it was tax deductible.

Or did you just not have to pay at all?

Comment

I don't have to pay at all.
        This whole divorce is a nerve game, and fortunately my ex crashed. I offered her the custody if she gives up any claims for SS, and I accepted 4 hour once a month access with d6. (Realistically I had no chance to get custody at that time anyways) When she signed the offer and the judge made it into an order, a few weeks later I started a motion to increase the access. With that I ended up basically with the "standard" every second weekend+ 2 weeks vacation, and I have money to entertain ourselves during those access times. Entertainment and great programs mean bonding. Ex seeing that our relationship with d9 is getting better and better lost her mind completely and tried to mess up our Cuban vacation this year. That's a whole story in itself, but I started a motion again and the judge ordered the OCL. I have already had two sessions with the assessor, and asked for full custody when the assessor asked me what I wanted. (no, it is not a pipe dream, it would be very well supported by case law, and now after 3 years I have a long list to prove that my ex is unfit to be a custodial parent) Depending on the result of the assessment (which is still unpredictable) I will end up either with more time and free to travel with d9 without the idiot's consent, or I will end up with sole custody and ~50% time. I don't think I can loose anything in this battle.
        But the war is not over as the enemy is still breathing.
        Oh, and with a lawyer and without you guys/girls I wouldn't have been able to achieve this.
        Last edited by BitHunter; 08-12-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Otis?????
          Wait.. nvm...

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
            The SSAG suggested $1200-$1400 per month for 7 years when my ex's lawyer plugged in my gross salary and nothing else. One of the members here had the software and he helped me with it so I could plug in all the other numbers the software allows, and that came out if I remember well ~$700. Using only the payor's gross is a scam in itself. I don't know what would have been the judge's decision when she sees two different numbers calculated with the same software, as we came up with an agreement avoiding court. And paying $0 SS. )
            I wish it was this easy!! U lucked out pretty good there bithunter

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X