This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes in the trial record?

I am the applicant in my motion to change. I have given the trial date & the judge told me to file the TRIAL ReCORD as soon as possible. I want to know, what goes in the trial record & do I need to serve that to the other party?
    Thanks in advance

Courts of Justice Act Family Law Rules

RULE 23: EVIDENCE AND TRIAL
    TRIAL RECORD
    <!-- TRANSIT - HYPERLINK --><!-- .tribunaux judiciaires (Loi sur les) - Règl. de l'Ont. 114/99. -->23. <!-- TRANSIT - HYPERLINK --><!-- .tribunaux judiciaires (Loi sur les) - Règl. de l'Ont. 114/99. -->(1) At least 30 days before the start of the trial, the applicant shall serve and file a trial record containing a table of contents and the following documents:
    1. The application, answer and reply, if any.
    2. Any agreed statement of facts.
    3. If relevant to an issue at trial, financial statements and net family property statements by all parties, completed not more than 30 days before the record is served.
    3.1 If the trial involves a claim for custody of or access to a child, the applicable documents referred to in Rule 35.1.
    4. Any assessment report ordered by the court or obtained by consent of the parties.
    5. Any temporary order relating to a matter still in dispute.
    6. Any order relating to the trial.
    7. The relevant parts of any transcript on which the party intends to rely at trial.
    8. Revoked: O. Reg. 6/10, s. 8 (2).
    O. Reg. 114/99, r. 23 (1); O. Reg. 202/01, s. 6 (1, 2); O. Reg. 6/10, s. 8 (1, 2).

Comment

trial record

there is no application, no answer / reply. I filed only motion to change & my financial statement. In my case only these 2 documents will go in my trial record or do i need to put the respondents financial statement in my trial record ? Do I need to serve the trial record to the other party?
      thanks allot in advance for the advice.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X