X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer?

Hi all,

Need some advice here, at the end of the month it will be three full years that my ex has not paid child support, because we share custody 50/50 judge does not want to make an order but would rather we work it out ourselves or some stupid thing like that, unfortunately, ex's lawyer has employed every stalling tactic there is or at least I hope they are running out. Anyway, they are supposed to be making an offer to settle, keep in mind that no cs has been paid since the beginning with my income under 20,000 and ex's income over 50,000. A little bird has recently informed me that ex's lawyer is going to try yet another stalling tactic that regardless of effect will tie things up for another 6-12 months without settlement for cs.

So, advice, what can I do to get this moving, completed, give the court a kick in the butt, etc..?

Thanks,

Duped

I don't know the logistics, but call FRO and get your money fast! Forget the lawyers it is money wasted. FRO will find him and make his life a living hell.

Comment

FRO won't do a thing because there is no order.

The only thing you can do is when you get to court, advise that the long delays in getting this settled are making things difficult for the children. The judge may impose an interim order or, more likely, at least try to speed things up a bit. Even if nothing can be done and you are stalled for the next 6 months, you might be able to get a retroactive CS amount imposed.

Comment

Keep pushing the matter towards trial. If you haven't had a settlement conference, push for one. If you haven't had a trial management conference, push for one. If you haven't been put on the trial listings, implore the court to get you on the trial listings.

Those stalling tactics are employed in the hope that you will give up. You need to be forceful about pushing the matter ahead to trial, as the other side is not interested in settling. Watch how interested they get when they see how serious you are about resolving this.

Three years is far too long for to be lititgating, especially at those relatively low income levels, which presumably won't result in earth shattering financial implications. You should be able to get CS retroactive to the application date.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X