This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything I own

I left my common law partner and my 2 boys in the house that we jointly own. I left the house because I couldnt take it anymore. She had a affair with another man and it led to her having baby by another man. I stayed with her after the fact, I was there for all the pregnacy and the birth of the little guy. I helped her raise him for 10 months, but I couldnt take it anymore, I couldnt look at her the same way and I didnt trust her anymore, so I left. She made my life hell after that, she would only let me visit the kids at the house when she was there, and then she would always start a arguement in front of the kids and say some really bad things about me. She hasnt let me take anything from the house, all I have is the cloths on my back. The last time I was there she called the police and told them a story that wasnt true, the police let me go after talking to me. I dont know what my rights are to the stuff I own in the house and shes telling me because I left it there she owns it. Would this be a fair statement.

Sorry to have to tell you, but you committed cardinal sin #1 in familly law by leaving the house without the kids.

You lost a LOT of leverage when you did that. Now she can (and it sounds like she will) bide her time.

If I were you I would be running to court to get an emergency motion for access to the kids. Every day you wait is another day of status quo setting in where the kids primary residence is with Mom.

Comment

That status quo is "funny" stuff.

Mother not letting you to see kids. You spent 1.5 year in court just to find out that because kid stay with mom 1.5 court prefer to keep it in that way ...

Go figure (

Comment

Should have sought legal advice before you left.

Comment

What is bother me - how you define left? Or what is eve more interested how law and judge interpreter it...

If you move out but apartment still on your name. You coming everyday. Doing all shopping. Take care about kid (including changing pumpers ))) and you still considered that you left your kid?

What about guys who has bossiness trips for 6 month? Sailors? Truckers?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X