Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Forms

Hello everyone,

I have a procedural question. To make a long story short my ex husband and I are due in court on Thursday. We are self representing and I forgot to submit my case conference brief because in our court session 3 weeks ago the judge was just mentioning our amended brief.

I asked my ex as the court suggested, for permission to file late and he said no. I later was advised by a friend that I can ask the court for permission to file without the Respondents permission but I forgot what form number I should use. I don't feel comfortable asking him again.

Does anyone know what Form number I should use and what else I would need to submit to the court tomorrow?

Thank you in advance.

I believe that would be 14B???

Comment

14B is a motion form. What you need is 17A. You can find it here : Family Law Rules Forms | Ontario Court Services

Email your partner a copy, take 3 copies with your to court, hand one over to your ex, or offer to hand over, and have one for the judge. The other one will be for yourself.

Be prepared to explain why you couldn't complete, serve, and file it on time.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. Will be at the courthouse first thing tomorrow.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X