Denied access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paco View Post
    How? I have all the proof for contempt, I have supervisor's notes from transfer exchanges where she talks bad about me in front of the kids, where she gave the kids to read the reports...you want more, she's telling the kids to fear me, and is not me to say, it's all in supervisor's notes....why do you think the judge alowed me to take the kids from school? he's giving her a chance to correct her attitude, if not that's too bad.
    I can't discuss about your situation because I don't know yours, hope for the best, but in my case I'm not going to give up, it's very clear my friend, if she's not encouraging the kids then she's in contempt, ask any lawyer.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    who'se the supervisor?

i'm just saying it's going to be hard to find her in contempt when you're picking up the kids from a neutral 3rd party place, particularly the school. But I do know what you mean. I had to deal with a similar thing through a neutral 3rd party. She can easily influence the kids to not come with you after school, that's why I suggested the school staff would be your best friends.

I think that it would be hard to prove contempt. It may be doable but your energy would be best put towards proving that she's not encouraging contact and reversing the custody order, as opposed to finding her in contempt. That may be the same thing and I may be wrong. I'm no lawyer. But that is my opinion. You may very well be right.

Keep us posted regardless.
    Last edited by trinton; 02-28-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
      who'se the supervisor?

i'm just saying it's going to be hard to find her in contempt when you're picking up the kids from a neutral 3rd party place, particularly the school. But I do know what you mean. I had to deal with a similar thing through a neutral 3rd party. She can easily influence the kids to not come with you after school, that's why I suggested the school staff would be your best friends.

I'm just saying that it would be hard to prove contempt. It may be doable but your energy would be best put towards proving that she's not encouraging contact and reversing the custody order, as opposed to finding her in contempt. I may be wrong. I'm no lawyer. But that is my opinion.

Keep us posted regardless.
      Supervisor is the person from the 3rd party who's executing the transfer exchanges of the children between parties, this occured until now, then I will start to pickup/drop off from/to school as per new order. So the supervisor took notes at every transfer exchange in the past.
      Mom needs to understand that she can't leave access up to the children, it's up to her, this is the common mistake or not a custodial parent do when he/she is found in contempt, capisci?

Comment

Mom needs to understand that she can't leave access up to the children, it's up to her, this is the common mistake or not a custodial parent do when he/she is found in contempt, capisci?

I know that already. I'm just trying to understand how you would prove that she is not encouraging the children to come with you after school. or that she is discouraging the children from coming with you.
        Last edited by trinton; 02-28-2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I know that already. I'm just trying to understand how you would prove that she is not encouraging the children to come with you after school. or that she is discouraging the children from coming with you.
          That's very easy to prove, school staff will be notified and can provide reports, I can also rely on CAS to attend school when I pick them up.

Comment

People can and do get off of contempt by simply stating they didn't understand things... they forgot... they didn't mean it, etc. You would have to provide evidence that a direct, specifically-worded Order from the court was intentionally not followed. Also, before a finding of contempt is made the court provides the individual a specific period of time to purge their contempt. In other words, you are looking to go back to court quite a few times (if court even allows a motion for contempt). Best to read up on this and/or hire a lawyer. Contempt is like a mini-trial as an individual's liberty can be at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              People can and do get off of contempt by simply stating they didn't understand things... they forgot... they didn't mean it, etc. You would have to provide evidence that a direct, specifically-worded Order from the court was intentionally not followed. Also, before a finding of contempt is made the court provides the individual a specific period of time to purge their contempt. In other words, you are looking to go back to court quite a few times (if court even allows a motion for contempt). Best to read up on this and/or hire a lawyer. Contempt is like a mini-trial as an individual's liberty can be at stake.
              I know Arabian, a motion in contempt is highly technical and for this reason I already contacted a lawyer, and I know she'll be given a chance to "purge" it, but there is no other way.

Comment

I know Arabian, a motion in contempt is highly technical and for this reason I already contacted a lawyer, and I know she'll be given a chance to "purge" it, but there is no other way.

I'm going to reiterate that the school staff are your best friends. Tqlk to them about the new order. they should be encouraging the child to be excited to see you after school. they'll be able to quickly tell if moms infleucing the child. get the ocl involved to investigate and use that to overturn the order. forget about contempt motion. it's not going to help you -you're just seeking revenge.

Comment

I'm going to reiterate that the school staff are your best friends. Tqlk to them about the new order. they should be encouraging the child to be excited to see you after school. they'll be able to quickly tell if moms infleucing the child. get the ocl involved to investigate and use that to overturn the order. forget about contempt motion. it's not going to help you -you're just seeking revenge.
                  I already spoke with school staff, they have the order, my concern is mom will try to block my access when I come to pick them up or by not bringing the kids to school on Friday, or worst case scenario to influence them to not want to come with me. For clarity trinton, I'm not looking for any revenge, it's out of the question, I just need to exercise my access to my kids, that's all, and if mom interfere or is blocking my access in any way, I will need some how to enforce it, the contempt motion is the last resort.

Comment

I already spoke with school staff, they have the order, my concern is mom will try to block my access when I come to pick them up or by not bringing the kids to school on Friday, or worst case scenario to influence them to not want to come with me. For clarity trinton, I'm not looking for any revenge, it's out of the question, I just need to exercise my access to my kids, that's all, and if mom interfere or is blocking my access in any way, I will need some how to enforce it, the contempt motion is the last resort.

good plan. keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

good plan. keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                      well...no issues when I picked them up this past Friday from school, so far so good, will see how goes...she may argue when school is closed for whatever reasons when we're going to use a public place.

Comment

Sorry to see things aren't going so well for you lately. I haven't logged on in quite some time, but I just read through your thread to get up to speed. PM me if you need any help with things.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X