X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>>sahibjee - done!

Comment

My lawyer has done many things on my behalf, as I alraedy mentioned he typically only charges what it would have taken a regular personin all are meetings (like charging one hour for a four hour session as he pushed me past my limits..... as he said I got to get the paperwork out!!) I lost count, he hasn't charged me for all the BS inquiries the ex's lawyer has called my lawyer on - as he said we are not going to discuss that which is not going to lead to a resolution of my case.

But most recently, he said, "I spent most of my weekend going over your medical file, and your financials"..... which nearly turned my stomach over thinking what that was going to cost me.... at the end of our meeting he said he spent six hours on the medical alone and when he announced he didn't bill anything on the weekend!! He knows I only have so much money, again another person that can't beleive what my ex did, how she did it, leaving me out dry. As he put it - it is time to shift the burden onto my ex and I also think my lawyer appreciates how hard I have and do work on my file, gathering what he asks for.

I have told him many times that I can't do this, I really am depending on him to get it done - I seriously do not believe there is another lawyer who would be willing to take on my file, he really is my only hope and so far he has done some amazing things - strategies that I never would have thought of in 100 years that has made major impacts on our case.... I say my thanks to him for his efforts every chance I get.........

Comment

Can you PM me the name as well, I'm about to head back to court and do not wish to use either of the lawyers I've used during my prior case.

Comment

Mark: done.

Comment

Hi Torontonian,

Does this lawyer you are referring do appeals as well?

I lost a two year shared custody battle and my first lawyer who I was with for almost 1.25 years ended up telling me she was pregnant and her doctor advised that she drop all her cases due to concerns about her baby. I had no idea she was trying or was pregnant....

I had to find a new lawyer two or three weeks before my trial date that was already set. This new lawyer seemed to not really have his heart in it. He took my case but it all seemed like a breeze to him. Not much trial prep at least that involved me. A number of huge errors...cavalier approach and hardly and real down to the nitty gritty brainstorming with me the client. I will explain more in another post I will post about my situation.

I ended up with less than I started with. I now have as much time with my daughter as a criminal or drug dealer would have... and I am an amazing hands on Dad and everyone who knows me can swear that. Anyway I am jaded by the courts...it is not the truth that matter sin court...far from it...swearing on the bible means squat in court....it is only what the lawyer can put forth and purvey to the gullible judge as to that lawyers perception of the truth as twisted and convoluted as it might be.... if the lawyer is good and can persuade the judge that lies and exaggerations are in fact the reality and truth than that client with the lawyer who was good at posing lies wins.

I am in around $100K after I end up paying her awarded court costs and I lost my Wed. and had the 8Pm drops pulled back to 6pm. I was shell shocked. I went in thinking I had almost nothing and how could I not end up gaining something...even an overnight Sunday and mid week night.... but no was I jaded.
            Can anyone send names of lawyers who are excellent at appeals and that you know first hand they are very good at what they do and can think quickly on their feet?
            Thank you kindly.....
            *I will post further details as to the events that led up to my loss. I need to state that I do not do drugs and never have, I drink a beer or two a couple times a month or after a hard day working on the yard... There are no police reports of abuse and nor has their been between my ex and I (although she will lie and claim that I am emotionally abusive...will explain more in another post) we have insulated our daughter almost 99.5% of our troubles and done very well at that although again in court her and her lawyer claimed the opposite by taking three incidents and magnifying these to make the judge believe they were every day occurrences. I am an involved dad and have chronologically (via photos) accrued an awesome amazing time line of dad and daughter and our Family in a photo diary since her birth to now. I take lots of pictures when we are out on nature walks, all special events and just hanging out...my daughter will love these pictures when she is an adult... Without touting my horn I am an amazing Dad. I have been told countless times. I need you all to know that so that you have a foundation to go from when I describe my experience in a lost shared custody/parenting battle.

Comment

Could you PM the contact coordinates also?

Thank you very much. Nice to hear a positive.

Comment

Hi there, I would really appreciate this lawyer's name too, thanks.

Comment

Torontonian, would you mind sending me her name too??

Comment

I think Totontonian has not been to the forum lately...there are a few of us here waiting for the name of the lawyer hes says is excellent....

Comment

Referral to Ottawa female lawyer

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                      My lawyer was like that (although I didn't get lunch), she is in Ottawa now if anyone needs a referral.
                      Lunch is a bonus, however, I'm seeking a competent female lawyer for representation in Ottawa.

Please PM me when you have an opportunity.
                      I appreciate it!

Comment

I had internet issues - if you didn't get a PM from me with my lawyer's name - PM me, OK? Happy Thanksgiving to all - without drama...

Comment

referral to competent Ottawa divorce lawyer

Are you happy with your Ottawa divorce lawyer and feel strongly enough to provide me her as a referral? If so, please PM me.

Much appreciated. The female lawyer I was referred to (originally worked in TO) is off until March 2013.

Thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X