Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing name on MH title - costs/paperwork?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing name on MH title - costs/paperwork?

Hi - looking for advice/experiences.
    Ex will buy my 1/2 MH. I need to remove my name from the title.
    What are the costs for the real estate lawyer?
    What paperwork is needed (apart from the deed)?
    Should we share the removal costs 50/50 (in my opinion yes!).
    Is there anything I should be concerned with? (always wary of the nasty ex)
    Thanks

i bought out my ex and my lawyer did the paperwork. It was under 1000 for everything inculding registering the new deed, searches etc just like a real estate deal between two strangers. I think my ex signed something saying he consented to his name being off the deed etc but I cannot remember.

He never paid anything towards my costs for buying him out nor should he have.

Comment

Thanks Standing... I don't think mine will be that easy, the ex has the knack for making mountains from molehills. I've already been asked to pay!

Comment

I don't understand why you would be expected to pay... she is buying you out, therefore she should be responsible for the costs associated with that.

Comment

yep - welcome to the illogical, barely understandable world of my ex... I'll even share with you the stupidity of the ex who decided to buy the house AFTER it was listed, so we had to pay 2 real estate agent commissions on it... unbelievable... <shaking head>

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X