This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Relief...Concern still Raised

I know I as kfor a lot from you folks. Things change daily and sometimes by thie minute for us....

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Mom texts dad today says she is moving back here (where we are where she was a year ago before the 100km move) asap. She is staying with a friend and working to get a residence back here perahps even back in same area where we reside. She cannot take the kids for the weekend because of this, but would like to see them for a few hours before or after a shift. Thanks my husband for being understanding....

She doesnt know what will happen in regards to trial or the recent Motion to Change.

A year and a half of litigation and now this?

I feel for her I truly do and so does my husband.

Any insight would be appreciated

Sorry...Also states she does NOT want daughter out there at all (where she moved now leaving asap)

Comment

ARGH! You must be frustrated... and relieved! That must have been a hard text to wrap your head around after all of the mess created by the original move.

But that is great for your kids. You don't have to worry about the effect of the long commute on the school days anymore... Maybe with her being close by both of your children will be able to form a better relationship with her.

I'm sure that you will continue to document and be ready for whatever comes next. I know that I am talking to an expert - but keep track of all of these extra weekends that she can't take the kids, as she will probobly keep trying to get out of paying support one way or another.

Congrats! (I think)

Comment

I hope that is what this is...My husband and my guards are up...In one way I am relieved but neither of us can trrust her on any level after all of the hell she has put us through. I have prayed for her to wake up and see with her own eyes...maybe my prayers. were answerd, but with this woman you never know....

All I can say is that in a years time I have learned more about Canadian Law and Family Courts here than I ever knew of my own country....I will tell you all US Family COurts are just as messed up...YOu all thing FRO is a nightmare they have nothing on US Friend of the Court.

Our biggest concern in all this is as it has been THE KIDS!!!

Comment

Don't stop pushing for sole with EOW access for Mom. As obviously her situation isn't stable, since she's now moved again

Comment

Thanks NB, we agree. Can I ask if we did joint, with my husband as CP and generous access to mom with right of first refusal, I am scared teh courts would frown if they lived in same municipality and he didnt offer Joint? And of course a clause resrticting distance of moves on both parties this time around.

I told my husband IF she is going to communicate and work WITH him they should look into colloborative law.

I think my biggest fear is giving her an inch so she can run a mile.
            Last edited by ConcernenedStepMom78; 11-05-2010, 09:11 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

You biggest fear is justified. Don't ignore it.

I say stick to your guns and see how she reacts. She has moved back, but you don't know if it will last or how long. This woman is not empotionally or mentally stable, and I would be interested in knowing why see's moving back. It doesn't seem she's doing it for the kids.

You can always negotiate if she continues to show improvement. But don't stop pushing forward until you are pretty certain her intentions are really for the kids.

Comment

Yes she is moving in with a friend, and says she is working lots so she can get a place of her own possibly close to us. We are not mentioning this to the kids only to give them false hope. She has already put the kids through an emotional tailspin, the 14 year old has been very mature about dealing with things, but the eight year old doesnt know whether she is coming or going. The urgency of her decision is unknown, we can speculate all we wish, but we do not know because she has not disclosed anything my other fear is IF this BF of her did something to her, and should we be concerned for the kids. I do not want to go off the deep end in speculations. But "mom" has never really been forthcoming about anything irregardless of whether it is going to affect the kids or not.
                Last edited by ConcernenedStepMom78; 11-05-2010, 09:12 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

My typing is horrid
                  Last edited by ConcernenedStepMom78; 11-05-2010, 09:09 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

You CAN go back and edit you know. My typing gets pretty bad when I am upset too. Can't get the words typed as fast as I think them!

Comment

There I think all the typos are fixed...LOL

Comment

Quick question ....

Is a Motion to Change withdrawn as if it were a Notice of Motion?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X