Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is proper format for exhibits in provincial family court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is proper format for exhibits in provincial family court?

I have 6 small exhibits to provide with my affidavit, I will attach them and label them properly, I am just unsure of the proper page numbering format.

Do you name it EXHIBIT A PAGE 1 AND 2 then EXHIBIT B PAGE 3 4 5, or would it be EXHIBIT B PAGE 1 2 3, starting page numbers over again for each exhibit?

I think the standard is to restart the numbering at one with each new exhibit.

Comment

Wording:

blah blah blah. Please find attached to this, my affidavit, and marked as Schedule "A" a true photostatic copy of "the evidence". (Never attach the original document to an affidavit. Bring it with you to court if asked to produce it for review.)

You mark schedules of evidence in alphabetical order. A-Z. If you are WD and your evidence rolls over Z you then go to "AA". If you are again WD and you roll over ZZ then you have to have special tabs manufactured for AAA-ZZZ.

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Comment

I think I have it together properly, I have a 4 page affidavit statement, with pages and paragraphs numbered and I have the backing page facing outwards(not sure if thats necessary in my situation), then after that the exhibits lettered and page numbered, pretty small so no table of contents or tabs, I just stapled it all together like that as one package. Would that be satisfactory for a family court hearing? Was hoping it would all be satisfactory for them to get a commissioner for me and stamp/sign/file it. Not sure if they get all fussy about certain things. I already replyed over a year ago, she just got the court date sent to me couple 10 days ago, so now I am filing the affidavit, and will send one registered mail to the applicant....hopefully Canada Post does not go on strike!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X