No announcement yet.

Royal Road To Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have received your advice regarding ditching my counsel. Greatly appreciated. Thank you. It's obviously something I'm considering indefinitely.

Do you have any advice regarding my case other than that? You seem educated and intelligent. I'd love your input on other issues.

What about the drop offs/pick up's piece?

Comment

• [EDIT]: Deciding that I dont need to engage in every conflict that I'm invited to. Good recent advice.

Nighty night ODF.
      Last edited by LovingFather32; 09-06-2015, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
        PANIC...is to late for Trial.....PREPERATION prior is suggested
        Let's get back on to the grind. Mr. T .. check out my e-mail on my suggestions and what Im working on for the structure/organization/binders/exhibits/rebuttals, etc for trial.

Lets talk strategy. (without divulging too much obviously).

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
          I have received your advice regarding ditching my counsel. Greatly appreciated. Thank you. It's obviously something I'm considering indefinitely.

Do you have any advice regarding my case other than that? You seem educated and intelligent. I'd love your input on other issues.

What about the drop offs/pick up's piece?
          It is always difficult on the internet to ascertain which party is the high conflict, but as a coparent for the next 20 years, you should strive to reduce the nonessential communications.

That appears to be the ongoing advice to you in this thread.

If I were in your shoes, without a doubt I would keep the kidlet. And you have advised the ex of your plans to do so. I would not discuss changing location, arguing, etc. Simply state, the kidlet will be made available at our house at this time - the end.

Of course, we are all just armchair quarterbacks, you have to make the decision – but I don’t see any harm in doing so as you are heading to trial regardless, no?

Reverse the roles this time. I think family law favours the bold.
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
            It is always difficult on the internet to ascertain which party is the high conflict, but as a coparent for the next 20 years, you should strive to reduce the nonessential communications.

That appears to be the ongoing advice to you in this thread.

If I were in your shoes, without a doubt I would keep the kidlet. And you have advised the ex of your plans to do so. I would not discuss changing location, arguing, etc. Simply state, the kidlet will be made available at our house at this time - the end.

Of course, we are all just armchair quarterbacks, you have to make the decision – but I don’t see any harm in doing so as you are heading to trial regardless, no?

Reverse the roles this time. I think family law favours the bold.
            Wow. Great post. Fantastic advice. Thanks McDreamy.

Comment

• I concur with McDreamy. Less is more (communication). You have provided your rationale to your ex regarding access transportation. Ex can file a motion if she wants to seek clarification or make change. This would likely not be considered an urgent matter.

Comment

• Ditto. The only thing I would add is that Mom is trying to make this disagreement about access, which isn't the case - neither parent is trying to keep Kid away from the other parent. The disagreement is about car time, who will drive the few kilometres to transfer Kid from one parent to the other. In the grand scheme of things, these few kilometres are not a huge issue. So don't get baited into defending yourself against allegations that you are "denying access", which is a pretty serious matter. Just stay on message: Kid will be ready for pickup at [place] at [time].

Comment

• I agree with the others. Stick to her picking up. What is pickup time? Early Thursday morning? Do you have a backup plan for kidlet if Mom doesn't show? You still have to go to work.

Comment

• Hi guys. Yes, Im sticking with my gut feeling and your advice. I am also not engaging in any back and forth.

What are your thoughts on 4 year olds in hot tubs?
                    Child Health and Reproductive Health Publications > Keeping Our Children Safe as They Grow

From the document it seems that children under 5 should not be in a hot tub for a few reasons. Just want poster's thoughts.

What if your child returns home and says she fell down the stairs at other parents..and shows you the scabbed over gash on the inside of her bottom lip? And nothing was written in log book. Things happen with kids for sure .. no big deal. But is it worth bringing up? "D4 told me she fell down the stairs at MIL's. I understand accidents happen all the time, especially at this age .. I'd just appreciate it if ex relayed that type of stuff to me in the log book. I dont know ... would you guys bring that up if it was your kid?
                    Last edited by LovingFather32; 09-06-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• My two year old nephew spent a great deal of time in the hotel hot tub this week with his parents. Are they horrible people?

Kids fall down. They get scraped up. You dont need to know anything about that anymore than you would want to spend time writing it down yourself.

Quit nitpicking!

Comment

• Funny how when it happens on her time..no explanation...but had that happened on LF32's time the sheeeet would have hit the fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                          My two year old nephew spent a great deal of time in the hotel hot tub this week with his parents. Are they horrible people?

Kids fall down. They get scraped up. You dont need to know anything about that anymore than you would want to spend time writing it down yourself.

Quit nitpicking!
                          Regarding hot tubs....just wanted opinions. No biggie.

Regarding falling down stairs ... well... what Shirley said....im not bringing anything up with ex. Just curious on others thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                            Hi guys. Yes, Im sticking with my gut feeling and your advice. I am also not engaging in any back and forth.

What are your thoughts on 4 year olds in hot tubs?
                            Child Health and Reproductive Health Publications > Keeping Our Children Safe as They Grow

From the document it seems that children under 5 should not be in a hot tub for a few reasons. Just want poster's thoughts.

What if your child returns home and says she fell down the stairs at other parents..and shows you the scabbed over gash on the inside of her bottom lip? And nothing was written in log book. Things happen with kids for sure .. no big deal. But is it worth bringing up? "D4 told me she fell down the stairs at MIL's. I understand accidents happen all the time, especially at this age .. I'd just appreciate it if ex relayed that type of stuff to me in the log book. I dont know ... would you guys bring that up if it was your kid?
                            Hot tubs, no big deal. Kids dont normally stay in more than a few minutes at a time anyways.

As for the fall, unless there was some kind of medical treatment required or some follow up, it seems unnecessary to write it in the book. You'll see the mark, ask what happened and the kid will tell you. There's not really any point in putting it in the book. It happens. Should it happen on your time and you're concerned about it, then write it down otherwise, just more extra words on paper that serve no purpose.

If coming home with random injuries seems to become a habit or the norm, definitely keep track of it just in the unlikely case there is more to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                              Hot tubs, no big deal. Kids dont normally stay in more than a few minutes at a time anyways.

As for the fall, unless there was some kind of medical treatment required or some follow up, it seems unnecessary to write it in the book. You'll see the mark, ask what happened and the kid will tell you. There's not really any point in putting it in the book. It happens. Should it happen on your time and you're concerned about it, then write it down otherwise, just more extra words on paper that serve no purpose.

If coming home with random injuries seems to become a habit or the norm, definitely keep track of it just in the unlikely case there is more to it.
                              Was thinking the exact same thing. Stupid q's. Sorry. Still learning lol

Comment

• LAO lawyer sent me an email saying that I already brought a motion for shared transportation and lost. So I'd be on contempt of court if I kept D4 tomorrow.

That's BS. Order actually says that there were only 3 time sensitive issues that she was willing to rule on. Transportation wasn't one of them.

Again I'm confused on what to do.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X