This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arming myself with info

I've just discovered that my common law spouse has been checking into the details of "whats what" in regards to separating...so figured I should as well....

Some details are that we have lived together for almost four years, have a 2 year old daughter. I have been on CPP disability for about 7 years and have only ever been able to work a bit of part time work in that time. Now I am a stay at home mum, taking care of my daughter and the household etc etc.
    We have completely separate bank accounts. At my request(possibly stupidly ) he put our new house in his name only, as he is the one making all of the mortgage payments and technically I don't want to take his house from him anyways...he pays most of the bills...I pay for pretty well everything in regards to my daughter...nursery school, swimming lessons, diapers, crib and clothes etc...he doesn't pay a penny in that regard. My monthly income is aprox. $900 per month and his is about $3000.(though he keeps all finances a secret from me)

Now down to the actual question!
    I have been taking a few courses to try to improve my knowledge etc to open a business in holistic health for horses(my area of specialty) Quite a few of the courses have been paid by him as a "loan" to me. I have no way of paying him back(at the moment anyways) because I barely have enough money to live for the entire month alone...and of course he knows this and gave me the money anyways. If we do separate in the near future, what are the ramifications of these monies loaned in regards to the common law relationship?
    (morally I would be more than happy to give him his money back but at the moment it just isn't possible and I would be requesting spousal support as well as child support.

Thanks in advance to all that can address my question

decrease the length of the spousal support, lets say you were to get it for 10 years, decrease it to 7 years to cover the loans

or it you are entilled to $400 of spousal a month, decrease it to $350.00 a month

something like that

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X