Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does filing your agreement/order with FRO ramp up conflict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
    Who came up with this part of your agreement? Was this actually ordered by a judge, or was this just some agreement both of you consented to, and signed off on (and filed)? I'm guessing the latter. I can't see FRO being able to enforce some of this, especially if you have wording about "paying to the service provider", and not having dollar amounts for some.

Some of this is *not* section 7, despite phrasing it as such
    Yes, it was part of an endorsed Minutes of Settlement- that’s now a final order.

The part about paying to the service provider says we both have to agree to that or else respondent (me) pays and applicant reimburses within 10 business days after delivery of receipts.

Comment

To answer your original question:

It ramped up conflict for me big time. But I’ll take some short term conflict over long term peace of mind any day.

For the Fall expenses.... I would go after his portion. I think I recall that your ex is an accountant? Isn’t it a basic accounting practice to account for the expense once it has occurred? (Ie if you pay for something in July that doesn’t actually occur until October, you record that as an October expense). This shouldn’t be a foreign concept to him.

Comment

In having direct experience with extra curricular activities, swimming lessons are not considered S7 unless it’s specifically noted in your order. It is a low cost activity unless your child is planning on being an Olympian. I’m not trying to be harsh at all, but if I were you I would just pay it and not expect or fight with him to contribute. My order clearly states my ex pays towards extra curricular activia and in exchange for that he receives a 5% deduction in child support as decided by a judge. I hope this helps.

Comment

Update

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

The overwhelming answer seems to be "Yes- it will eventually put you back in court".

I don't want that.

So- I suck it up, and let it go.

He paid for some of her uniforms. The ones I bought after September 1 (the execution date of our Minutes). And none of the swimming, because I paid before September 1.

The way I look at it- he should be paying for some of her activities yes. But he *should* be a good dad too- and I can't force him to be that either. It's up to him. And if I'm the custodial parent- and I'm saying that "I got this. I can raise her well"- then it's up to me to provide all the extra stuff. I can complain and fight him- or I can make sure I budget for her stuff and extra curricular activities. I think I'm probably going to end up letting all section 7s go- except for medical and dental, not covered by insurance.

I also have to gear up to get him to agree to help me with her OIT. I'll use our PC hours to get the PC to help me with getting him to agree to help pay for it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X