Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:39 PM

JCOakville is on a distinguished road
Default venting - COVID

Read the Notice to Professions in my area, so I know my case conference is going ahead, and what my filing size/restrictions are. Trials are postpoined.

I mean, I'm not a lawyer, but when it clearly states Case Conferences will continue - I believe they will continue.

Opposing lawyer latches on and says it might be adjourned for a later date then uses that as an excuse to not disclose... ???? and puts THAT reason in the brief... ... (insert boggle) to state why the endorsement from march 29 wasn't followed....

Then sends me a Case Meeting brief that is 35 pages, when the Notice to Professions clearly states its 10 pages (with exclusions of course) but attached tables, cases and letters back and forth....... they did this in March as well, then had to rush to fix it, which I am sure cost my ex $$$.

Just wondering if others are feeling my pain so I may giggle at some... stupidity? How can the PROFESSIONAL not read the NOTICE to profession fully when they QUOTE it in the brief?

Hope this gave a smile to one or two people.. I know I'm giggling but also know that the case meeting will accomplish nothing.
Old 05-13-2021, 03:04 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Can you respond with a link to the notice to profession with a curt in case you hadnt received this and then point out that nothing in the updates guidelines absolves his client of not following the previous endorsement?
Old 05-13-2021, 04:27 PM

Sure did.

I know, like last time in March, they will then ask for a late file. Hence why I sent an email immediately after they served me a 35 page document.

Beautiful day for a giggle and beverage though.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:46 PM

I should update this for a few more giggles...

Case Meeting was at 11 am.

Turns out, Respondent's book keeper sent a letter to my CPA - left me off the disclosure intentionally.. again....... and told the CM judge that the letter fulfilled the CPA request for disclosure as endorsed by the previous judge. Judge gave the lawyer a direction to disclose directly to me from now on, but didn't put it in the endorsement. (sad face) so I know it wont be done.

By 11:05 next date was set.

I get the letter, its nothing. Not one document or information CPA needs for the income assessment the respondent requested I get done.

Yep. Ta Dah!

Now, they ask for mediation with an arbitration element.. without financial disclosure... ? When we have an endorsement to wait until they provide financial disclosure and the report is done... ..... (motion to disclose is coming with costs).....

.... As the World Turns....
Old 06-08-2021, 02:44 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

If I can reflect on my time in Family Court, it would be this. The person resisting the change can drag feet without repercussion.

They will ask for extension upon extension. Postpone dates. Give incomplete information. Every time there is a court date, it'll be something else. Given the backlogs, every postponement pushes resolution 6-9 months out into the future. Do that 5 times and 4 years will have gone by and you will still be spinning wheels with no end in sight. Why? Because there are no repercussions to this behaviour. Purposeful stalling.

I cannot tell you how many times I had a court date circled on my calendar, thinking it would lead closer to the end of the tunnel, to only be utterly disappointed walking out with nothing but another court date 8 months later. Not to mention the legal bills involved over such useless appearances.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:36 PM

Yes indeed Brampton33... the pain is real. All I can do is laugh and identify the tactics as best I can. But alas, right now, its him racking up lawyer fees and not me. While I do have a limited scope, I'm not running for advice after every stupid stalling tactic.

But they are worth giggles, when you see it coming.