Child Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support

Hi Everyone... I hope everyone had a great holidays and enjoyed all the time with the family.

I have a question and I'm looking for some advice, So My oldest daughter is done school this year as she turned 18 this month and is completing grade 12 as we speak . She is going to be a florist as flowers have always been a passion and is going to take a 1 month long florist course in Toronto this summer at a florist school. My question is at what point would I not pay support for her?

We have joint custody and the kids are 50/50 , our court document says each party shall execute a Notice of Withdrawl.

Thanks for all the advice and help in advance

When she is done school and working full time. You may also need to pay a portion of her school fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Rockscan

I'm going to pay 75% off her florist course witch is $5000.00
      She will be all done that as of August. So she will be 18 and all school complete as of August this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        When she is done school and working full time. You may also need to pay a portion of her school fees.

Going to need to slightly correct this, C/S is no longer payable when the child is no longer a child of marriage. In OP's case, when the child is over the age of 18 and no longer a full time student. The child's working arrangements are not relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
          Going to need to slightly correct this, C/S is no longer payable when the child is no longer a child of marriage. In OP's case, when the child is over the age of 18 and no longer a full time student. The child's working arrangements are not relevant.

Yes I should have added in school full time.

Comment

Thanks Everyone so with that being said , would I file on my own a Notice of withdrawl or just speak with the ex first. ?

Comment

If you are with an enforcement agency you need the withdrawal but definitely speak with your ex first to warn that it will be filed for.

Comment

Hi Rockscan , I am not with a enforcement agency , i just give 12 posted checks for both girls after tax time. She is not going to like this at all. I still have my other daughter as she is only 16.

But she has informed numerous times with threats that I will be paying long after she is done her course ??? I indicated to her that when school course is complete and now that she is 18 support will end.

I just wanna make sure I am bang on with this before I halt payments for my one daughter later this year

Comment

She can threaten all she wants, if the child is not in a full time program of study then child support stops.

Note though that she may file the agreement/order with an enforcement agency and you would then have to file a motion to change. I would warn her ahead of time that cs will go to the next amount when kid finishes school.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X