Divorce forms - some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce forms - some questions

I apologize if these have been answered before but I did not find what I was looking for. We are filing a joint application for uncontested divorce. All matters have been settled in a separation agreement. My questions are;

Form 8a
    - What do I need to write under 'The details of the other order(s) that we jointly ask the court to make are as follows...'

- Because we are filing ourselves, we do not need the lawyers names or signatures...correct?

Form 36
    - We both list our names as Applicants...correct?

- What do we need to write for point# 8 that says 'I want the divorce order to include the following paragraphs....'

- What about point#13? Do I need to write just my spouse's address or my address as well?

Form 25A
    - 'The court considered an application of (name)....' Do I write both names? and then it says '....on (date)...' What date would that be?

Thanks

Originally posted by sam666 View Post
    I apologize if these have been answered before but I did not find what I was looking for. We are filing a joint application for uncontested divorce. All matters have been settled in a separation agreement. My questions are;

Form 8a
    - What do I need to write under 'The details of the other order(s) that we jointly ask the court to make are as follows...'

You want a Divorce.

- Because we are filing ourselves, we do not need the lawyers names or signatures...correct?

Correct

Form 36
    - We both list our names as Applicants...correct?

- What do we need to write for point# 8 that says 'I want the divorce order to include the following paragraphs....'

This would be filled out if you are asking for anything other than a divorce only, spousal support etc... If you just want a divorce..you put Divorce

- What about point#13? Do I need to write just my spouse's address or my address as well?

The Respondent on this form would be the Joint Applicant on form 8A

Form 25A
    - 'The court considered an application of (name)....' Do I write both names? and then it says '....on (date)...' What date would that be?

Only fill out the name of the Applicant and the Respondent. The rest will be filled out for you

Thanks
    The person filling out these forms and filing them with the court is the Applicant, the other person is the Respondent or Joint Applicant for uncontested.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X