Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

supporting Ontario teacher walk out tomorrow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post

If they want to protest, they can do it on their own time. If this was private industry, the individuals would be fired and rightfully so.
    This. ^^

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
    Funny I didn't see the teachers picketing or striking during the Christmas break. I highly doubt we will see them doing the same at March break.
    And this. ^^

Comment

Teachers in Canada make 50 to 75% more than teachers in the US and we the taxpayers have to pay for it. It's time to put a muzzle on these unions. The auto unions made compromises, so should these people.

FN

Comment

The teacher's unions act like my ex wife with their sense of entitlement and disconnect from reality. Oh wait, my ex wife is in their union... hmm... explains a few things.

My new partner works in labour relations and gets a first hand glimpse of all the goings on "under the hood" when big powerful unions are involved and how they manipulate the system to suck money out of it.

Thus you have general labourers who push meal carts around yet make $50k per year. When they screw up (they only way they probably can) by not showing up to work or being consistently late, when they get a written warning, their union forces the matter to arbitration which costs the organization tens of thousands of dollars. All because a cart pusher can't be on time when they are already paid insanely high.

Unions are ruining labour in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
          Since when do shareholders detemine coorprate bonus structure?
          That's board of directors level.
          Who are elected by the shareholders. If the shareholders don't like what the board is doing, they boot them out.

Comment

Latest news: Teacher protest: All GTA schools will be open after walkout ruled illegal - thestar.com

Comment

It would be great to see someone apply Rule 24.(2) of the Children's Law Reform Act gather up all the "evidence" provided by the government and the teachers and weigh it on the balance of probabilities against Rule 24.(2) in some logical manner.

How is anything the teachers and the government demonstrating any consideration of the children's needs and circumstances?

It is high time that parents do exactly what shareholders (as identified by HammerDad suggested) do and in our next election vote on principals of what is truly in the "best interests" of the children attending our public schools.

Neither the teachers nor the government has presented any solid argument in my honest opinion how either party to this matter is truly considering the children's "best interests". Children are not pawns of the government nor teachers.

Suffice to say, the dispute between the teachers and the government is in my humble opinion nothing more than a bad demonstration of "High Conflict People in Legal Dispute", bogged down in "emotional reasoning", "projections of blame" and all the stupidity we all debate with regards to Family Law every day on this forum.

It is high time someone calls out both the teachers and the government equally and send them all a copy of "High Conflict People in Legal Disputes" and "It's All Your Fault!" and make them all write an essay.

I order the following as a citizen of this country on the teachers and government of Ontario:

1. Both parties shall within ninety days read the following books and deliver to the other party proof that they acquired the books by purchase or lending from a public library, together with a brief summary of the contents, composed by them:
              a) “Difficult Conversations” by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton and Sheila Heen of the Harvard Negotiation Project, published by the Penguin Group (1999), ISBN 0-670-88339-5; or ISBN 9-780670-883394;

b) “Getting Together: Building Relationships As We Negotiate” by Roger Fisher and Scott Brown of the Harvard Negotiation Project, published by the Penguin Group (1989), ISBN 0-14-01.2638-4; or ISBN 9-780140-126389

c) “High Conflict People in Legal Disputes” by Bill Eddy, LCSW, Published by Janis Publications Inc. (2006), ISBN 0-9734396-4-5; or ISBN 9-780973-439649;

2. That the results of the findings from both be published in the public media so everyone can see how ridiculous both parties are conducting themselves in this matter and so the public is make fully aware of how these two "divorcing" parties are wasting public funds equally.
              Quote "tayken" and modified from the following case law:

Nixon v. Hunter, 2009 CanLII 38785 (ON SC)
              Date: 2009-07-16
              Docket: FS-06-2401-00
              URL: CanLII - 2009 CanLII 38785 (ON SC)
              Citation: Nixon v. Hunter, 2009 CanLII 38785 (ON SC)

Good Luck!
              Tayken
              Last edited by Tayken; 01-11-2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
                Who are elected by the shareholders. If the shareholders don't like what the board is doing, they boot them out.
                Fair enough, but you - or me -as an individual sharedholser maybe owns 0.01% of the stock.

The People that actually have a say through voting are those that hold the majority of shares.

Consider any coorperation owned to 60% by three seperate investors. They each make how much each year on divedend payments alone...

They vote together have together have voting majority nterest.

CEO gets his Ten xtra large - and you get $6.83 for your 10 share investment.

All I know is that I can`t wait until the Star Trek society with no monetary policy comes.

Comment

Fair enough, but you - or me -as an individual sharedholser maybe owns 0.01% of the stock.

The People that actually have a say through voting are those that hold the majority of shares.

Consider any coorperation owned to 60% by three seperate investors. They each make how much each year on divedend payments alone...

They vote together have together have voting majority nterest.

CEO gets his Ten xtra large - and you get $6.83 for your 10 share investment.

All I know is that I can`t wait until the Star Trek society with no monetary policy comes.
                  I should have said I can't wait until there is no such things as money, versus no 'monetary policy'.

Imagine how that world would work? Can you? I cannot - but I hope it would be better.

Comment

I don't look forward to a Star Trek future. I don't want to have "The Trouble With Tribbles".

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X