X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?Divorce caused by sexual incompatibility/non-monogamy

Hi.

My name is Sam Yal and I am working towards a graduate degree in Human Sexuality at The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality (IASHS) in San Francisco, California. One of my program requirements is to complete a basic research project whereby 100 sex profiles of a homogeneous group are obtained and then analyzed amongst a random sample. I am interested in learning more about the sexual history/background of individuals who are divorced due to sexual incompatibility/non-monogamy with their previous partner. I believe more research is need in this area and, I need your help to increase research in this area.

The link to the questionnaire is:
    Divorce and Sexual Incompatibility/Non-monogamy

This questionnaire was designed over 30 years ago. It comprises of a longitudinal study of sex and sexual behaviors started by the well- known biologist and sex researcher, Dr. Alfred Kinsey. I recognize that the questions may come across as dated with limited answer options available. In the spirit of continuing this longitudinal study, I am unable to alter the questionnaire format.

I request that the questionnaires be filled to its entirety. It would take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Please note: the completed profiles will be anonymously printed off. Once the 100 profiles have been completed, the analyzed data will then become the property of the IASHS.

Should you have any questions regarding this longitudinal study, please contact me at yin2youryang@live.com or please contact my Acting Academic Dean,
    Dr. Janice Epp, at PH: 415.928.1133.

If you feel comfortable to share your email address, I would be more than willing to put you into a draw for a cash prize.

Warmest regards,
    Sam Yal

I can tell you without any statistical analysis. All problems in marriage come from a bedroom. It may be not obvious at firs look but if you go deeper you will find all answers there ...

anyone agree with me?

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
      anyone agree with me?
      Not me:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...reakdown-1218/

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
        I can tell you without any statistical analysis. All problems in marriage come from a bedroom. It may be not obvious at firs look but if you go deeper you will find all answers there ...

anyone agree with me?
        That's a joke...right?

Comment

I know it is not PC but I agree with WorkingDAD. IMHO It is the glue, it is what smooths things over.

Comment

For sure it's the glue, but there are powerful solvents out there like:

money
            booze/drugs
            gambling
            adultery
            religious differences
            gayness
            parenting differences
            communication
            etc.

Comment

OK but what causes them? Where do those things originate from?

resentment?

Comment

?Divorce caused by sexual incompatibility/non-monogamy.

Yes, you are right. Divorce could be caused by many reasons... it's hard to identify where sexual incompatibility lies.

My focus is to learn about the background of one's individual sexual history and how this relates to a relationship.... Research helps us to test our theories - are they right or wrong?

I would be most appreciative of your taking the time to fill out my survey... And, as a token of my appreciation, I would be happy to put the emails of those people who finish the survey in a draw for a cash prize.

Comment

Sex is like a gauge. If it goes it says there is a problem somewhere (although not necessarily the problem itself).

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                    That's a joke...right?
                    that a truth...

Comment

Sorry, I don't agree WorkingDAD. Though what happens (or doesn't happen) in the bedroom can be a symptom of problems within a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by SamYal View Post
                        I would be most appreciative of your taking the time to fill out my survey... And, as a token of my appreciation, I would be happy to put the emails of those people who finish the survey in a draw for a cash prize.

Yeah, sure you will

Comment

The spark that ignited my divorce was definitely sexual incompatibility. Sure there was a lot of other issues that led up to that point, but it was what really drove her over the edge.

My ex was always extremely conservative about sex, and although I was very imaginative she was my first and only until very recently. Still it was something about her I was willing to accept. Things were good, we had a beautiful home, good jobs and our first child.

For a variety of reasons, my ex didn't seem very happy about his birth or anything that followed but we managed, things were OK. Eventually a couple of years later we wanted to have our second child. We tried and tried for over 2 years, the last year with the help of a fertility clinic.

Finally we agreed to give up. But at that part the strain of having so much sex forced on us for fertility, and the ultimate failure in that area, made sex seem even more pointless than before.

In the background I indulged in a lot of fantasies and in an attempt to try to fix things I started sharing some of my fantasies and interests with my ex. For someone as conservative as her, this was a death sentence for us. She stopped communicating completely with me although she engaged in a few fantasies. She hated them, she hated me, and eventually she wanted out.

Sure a lot of it could have been avoided with better communication and probably some counseling, but in the end it was sex that drove her over the edge.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X