No announcement yet.

Ex claiming he never received my emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the other party know if you use it?

Comment

Depends.

There are sending options that make your tracking attempts more visible or not. Ex. Hidecert option.

They have a FAQ page that explains options.

My ex is not aware I'm using this, I believe, and I've used it a few months.

Comment

My Ex informed the Judge when we were in court a couple of days ago, that his preferred method of communication is text messaging.

I have had to change my cell phone number twice because of harassment calls from him. He managed to get my first cell phone number through the school office. Following over 24 calls on one occasion I changed my cell phone number again and have asked the school to keep my number confidential.

I now have to buy a disposable cell phone (dedicated for ex) and purchase a "pay as you go" to enable him to text me. This is ridiculous.

Comment

I have had to change my cell phone number twice because of harassment calls from him. He managed to get my first cell phone number through the school office. Following over 24 calls on one occasion I changed my cell phone number again and have asked the school to keep my number confidential.
          To which you should have responded:

Your honor, given that I have had to change my cell number twice due to a large number of calls from %ex that had nothing to do with the children, I do not feel safe with providing my cell number for this purpose, and would therefore request that we use Our Family Wizard as the standard communication medium.

Then YOU offer to pay the subscription fee. (It's $99/parent/year, and during your signup process you can opt to pay for the other parent).

Comment

Should also add...if you start getting 24 calls a day from him...file a report with local police. Get the FILE NUMBER from the officer you speak with.

Every time he does that, you report it again. when you go back to court, you then use that to show why him having your cell number is a bad idea.

Comment

But the thing is I didn't object to it at the time the enorsement was made. I was completely floored that we are now heading to another costly trial on exactly the same issues we had two years ago. So I really screwed up here.

Comment

Yep, so you may have screwed yourself there. Now you have to play damage control and make the best of it.

So if he behaves properly, no biggie, you continue to push for OFW as a more cost effective alternative.

If he starts going haywire on the texts/calls, you take the appropriate steps with local law enforcement so you have your evidence in hand.

Comment

Is there anyway you can save text messages and print them off. I'm talking about when using a very basic cell phone.

Comment

You can forward them to an email address I believe...for actual phones (not the el cheapo models) you can usually find "an app for that" that backs up all your text communications.

It depends on the phone and what it can do.

Comment

I guess there then lies the problem. There is no paper trail.

Comment

Sorry, tried to answer earlier and lost my connection...

For a "cheap phone" the best you can do is forward the SMS to an email account, and all it will display is that you sent a message to yourself.

What you really need to do is to simply type out a transcipt of the conversation, take it to a notary and show them the phone conversation, show them the transcipt, and have them swear that the transcipt is a true and accuate record of the conversation. Then attach the transcript and the sworn oath to your affidavit.

It should cost you somewhere around $50. There is really no better way. Even if you had a smartphone and were able to save the texts, it could still be argued that you altered them.

Comment

did he reply?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X