Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feeling hopeless, financially?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I invite you to come to court and see my court documents.
    If you have a CanLII case number or can cut & paste cites from your court documents...I would encourage you to post those here. People may be able to offer your better advice.

The fact is that I want an equalization of assets and the monster refuses to give it.
    Your references to your ex as a "monster' are concerning and he isn't solely responsible for the equalization of your marital assets. In fact, if you're properly following the family law process...it will happen in spite of whether he cooperates or not.

The judges keep putting us to conferences instead of ordering an end.
    Judges don't do that. You can file a motion ANYTIME after your first CC. And you'd have to do that in order to get action on any non-consent item...like the matrimonial home...or Spousal Support. Sorry but again, your story is simply is factually incorrect.

A judge cannot prevent you from filing a motion and force you into multiple conferences (unless you have a put forth a bunch of frivolous motions and haven't been prevented from bringing more).

The first two lawyers only wrote letters and emails for full disclosure in order to settle.
    Lawyers only write letters with the consent of their client..which means you authorized the letters to be sent. Also, normally on disclosure letters..there is a time period given...then a motion is filed. If he did not comply with normal disclosure rules...9 times out of 10, you'll pick up costs since disclosure is a requirement of family law.

You claim to have sent letters with no subsequent motions from 2 lawyers??? Again, very bizarre and inconsistent with any normal procedure.

The third lawyer finally went to court and that's when I was able to get away from him. The ex was ordered to pay some of the court costs but not enough to cover the fees.
    What exactly did this third lawyer do? What was the court action? A motion..and if so, for what? Was it an emergency motion?

If the end result of this court action was a restraining order (no idea why this wasn't done through the police dept) why on earth did your lawyer not request exclusive possession of the matrimonial home? No judge would find that your ex abused you...then issue a restraining order..without then granting you exclusive possession. They wouldn't order YOU out of the house....that makes ZERO sense. Especially not because you have a 26 year old, married, working kid at home..that's just nonsense. Again, this is completely inconsistent with any normal procedure.

This lawyer suggested that I leave the matrimonial house since it would be safer for me and possibly easier financially as the ex refused to pay anything.
    Why would any lawyer recommend this if you had a restraining order and 8 pending DV charges??? Total nonsense.

Your ex doesn't have to agree to pay anything...you had and continue to have every opportunity to file a motion for interim SS. You claim to have had a 30 year marriage. No lawyer would say what you've suggested. They would have simply tacked on SS to whatever motion they filed earlier. Again, this is completely inconsistent with any normal procedure.

Investing 30 years into a marriage and leaving with nothing is fair? Would you do it? If your ex takes everything from you and does to you what was done to me?
    Your ex cannot take everything after a 30-year marriage. The entire family law system prevents it. Again, this is completely inconsistent with any normal procedure.

Yes I'm angry because this should've been a simple divorce and the ex feels that I'm not entitled to anything.
    Divorce is never simple when you're engaged in making everything as difficult, confused, and conflict-driven as possible.

Your ex's feelings on anything don't matter...he's not responsible for the fact that you are raging. Your situation is extremely straightforward and the only reason it wouldn't be is YOU.

NOT YOUR EX, NOT YOUR 3 LAWYERS (or the 2 you consulted), NOT THE COURT SYSTEM, NOT THE JUDGES, NOT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL...CERTAINLY NOT TAYKEN.

YOU!!!
    Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 11-22-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

LIVING SITUATION - FIRST POST:

is in possession of the matrimonial house which is paid off while I'm in a rental...
      LIVING SITUATION - NEXT POST:

The women's shelter that I ended up going to didn't see my fear as false! When someone comes after you and threatens you it IS abuse! The shelter verified that before they began helping me.

I warn you..coming to this forum and lying for sympathy and attention won't get you very far.

And do not explain this lie by saying you went to a woman's shelter FIRST, then moved into a rental...because THAT would be a load of absolute crap. With your level of hatred and bitterness, you would have immediately filed an ex-parte motion for exclusive possession.

And if you were abused and made 8 charges...even with false allegations...you would have been awarded exclusive possession. Ask all the men (and some women) on this forum who've been booted out of their homes on false DV charges.

You are lying. I'm not sure why you're lying but you are. You can't even keep a simple thread of posts here consistent which is what happens when you lie so much and cannot keep your story straight.

You don't need any more lawyers...you need a therapist. You have emotional issues with rage and lying that are very very obvious. And I'll bet your pissing your court case right down the tubes because of it.

The problem is you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        I warn you..coming to this forum and lying for sympathy and attention won't get you very far.
        Münchausen by Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://demo.ort.org.il/clickit2/file.../634495323.pdf
        Last edited by Tayken; 11-22-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

But because it's not camera or witnessed I didn't bother with it anymore.
          I live in fear still.
          So you didn't bother to collect any evidence after multiple (8) reported incidences of DV and after he then followed you to your new home (why did he know where that was btw)???...hmmm...

BUT WAIT...IN A FOLLOWING POST:

I honestly believe you'd think differently if you saw the emails that have been sent to me, the stuff that's been done to me, saw the harrassing videos, pictures, etc...
          So you DO have evidence (lol). Yet somehow have managed to get kicked out of the matrimonial home into a rental or woman's shelter depending which story we're supposed to believe. I guess that overwhelming evidence wasn't clear enough to the judges who saw it in order to give you an order for exclusive possession....hmmm...

He's at the matrimonial home because he claimed that he was supporting our 26 year old married son (no disabilities, son is working full time but in constant debt).
          BUT WAIT...IN A FOLLOWING POST:

No children involved.
          Yet you claim that the same said judges gave your ex exclusive possession of the home because of a 26 year old, working, MARRIED kid he's supporting. So which is it...is there a kid involved or not? hmmm....

According to one lawyer the judges refuse to make a decision when the parties are so far apart in negotiations.
          So the judge isn't making an order NOW because you're far apart in negotiations? Negotiations for what exactly?

What motions have you actually filed...and what did you ask for? Spousal support amounts are tabled...and equalization is fairly straightforward if you know how to divide by 2.

So what exactly did you request that's putting you so far apart in negotiations (interesting that you're claiming you HAD negotiations now)...hmmm...

I wish you'd see the truth!
          I wish you'd tell the truth!

Yes, in posting, I relive it all and get emotional and frustrated and it shows up in my writing. Yes, I'm a religious person and depend on God a lot for help.
          There's nothing religious about filing false DV charges. There's nothing religious about rage or hatred. There's nothing religious about lying.

You need a therapist.

Comment

Have to partially disagree with Tayken and PH on some of your accusations of "lying" of the poster. While there are some areas that might need more clarification to get a whole picture, the inconsistencies that you mention are far from being inconsistent. Unless the poster gives ALL details of the whole situation (which is very hard to do on a forum), it is quite possible for a person to abandon their matrimonial property and go to shelter (because lets say it was a desperation moment), and then in some time rent a property. Being in a shelter does not mean staying there forever, it is simply a stage.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
              I make an above average salary and I am destitute. What if I only made $50k? or $40k? I'd have like $900/month to live on and support my child when he is with me.
              For the past two years, my bf and I lived on under $40k a year... we managed... we were unable to afford extra things like dinners out or going to the moves, but it can be done. After all bills are paid, we had maybe $300 a month to live on and that had to go towards groceries, gas and such.

Comment

I took the "no kid in the equation" when reading it as meaning no minor child....

The shelter to rental property is also fairly reasonable too, so not too much to read into there.

Ya, this is likely someone who is getting her emotions mixed up with facts. Or it could be she really was intimidated/threatened....as we all know there are 3, sometimes 4 sides to every story and somewhere in the midst of all those sides is the truth.

Comment

JB514:

How many women, married 30 years, with 8 DV charges during a separation do you know that don't file an ex-parte motion for exclusive possession of their home?

How many judges then award the male spouse accused of those DV charges exclusive possession due to a 26-year old, working, married kid?

How does just that one part of her story make sense?

There's more than one inconsistency in her postings. She's clearly not telling the truth.

The bottom line is that there are too many people filing false charges at extreme detriment to the other spouse involved. There are also far too many vexatious litigants wasting the court's time.

Those things affect us ALL.

Comment

The shelter to rental property is also fairly reasonable too, so not too much to read into there.
                    First thing my lawyer asked me when I went in to her office was whether or not I had ever been abused by my stbx spouse. And I hear its fairly standard procedure.

Most lawyers dealing with women clients will try to establish on the first visit whether there are grounds for exclusive possession.

You're trying trying to tell me that this woman had 3 different laywers and consulted 2 more and no one advised her that she had grounds for exclusive possession of the home?

Really????

Whatever, I completely disagree. In my opinion, this is a high conflict person who clearly can't keep her story straight.

By the way: Lets not forget she claims she has email, video and pictures of the harrassment....depending on which post you believe.
                    Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 11-22-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Most lawyers dealing with women clients will try to establish on the first visit whether there are grounds for exclusive possession.

You're trying trying to tell me that this woman had 3 different laywers and consulted 2 more and no one advised her that she had grounds for exclusive possession of the home?

Really????
                      I am not entirely disagreeing with anything you say as she doesn't seem to be able to keep her emotions in check and obviously doesn't know the system....but I don't recall her ever saying that she couldn't get exclusive possession..or didn't even try for exclusive possession at one point based off of the alleged abuse.....

Hell, I'd likely bet some coin that there was a motion for her get exclusive possession but the son and his spouse likely backed dad, the abuse was unsubstantiated, she was already out and he remained with their son......

BUt it sound like this was at one point put to a judge, likely in an improperly, but still....

The evidence stuff.....not reading into that too much also as it is likely as damaging for both sides etc as it likely to be dripping with emotional venom.

Comment

JB514:

How many women, married 30 years, with 8 DV charges during a separation do you know that don't file an ex-parte motion for exclusive possession of their home?

How many judges then award the male spouse accused of those DV charges exclusive possession due to a 26-year old, working, married kid?

How does just that one part of her story make sense?

There's more than one inconsistency in her postings. She's clearly not telling the truth.

The bottom line is that there are too many people filing false charges at extreme detriment to the other spouse involved. There are also far too many vexatious litigants wasting the court's time.

Those things affect us ALL.
                        I am also giving the poster a bit more credit not only because it is hard to relate all info in this forum, but also because according to her, the Judge had ordered some costs against her ex. And this being not even a Trial stage, I would say that her ex is the one being uncooperative. I can see that she might be clouded by emotions, but who would not get frustrated if it takes forever to get what belongs to you and uncooperative ex. Not talking about SS though because as she said she wants to be done with this so that she will never have to deal with him. However, being dependent on his SS payments, means staying connected for the term of SS.
                        Last edited by JB514; 11-22-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

but also because according to her, the Judge had ordered some costs against her ex.
                          She said that..and also said that the Judges kept forwarding her to conferences...which is part of what she was ranting about...read back through her posts. They don't award costs at conferences. She also claimed the costs the judge so-called awarded didn't cover the fees.

Fees for what? Costs are awarded with a successful motion (sorry, or trial). So if there there was a successful motion...what was it for? She claims not to have an order for exclusive possession and claims not to have an order for interim SS. She doesn't have minor kids..so it couldn't be for CS. If it was for disclosure, why didn't they tack anything else onto it if she was put out of her family home and destitute financially??? If she has a successful disclosure motion, why isn't she now filing a motion for the division or filing another disclosure motion if he hasn't complied?

She's in a 30 year marriage with DV charges and no one thought to ask for the house or interim SS and went straight to a disclosure motion? I just find that really, really, really hard to believe.

I did ask her several times to clarify whether she had filed a motion...she didn't and instead kept talking about abuse allegations and her husband not giving her anything. If that's how she acts in court..its not that outrageous that she's wasted a year's worth of time. And that is NOT her ex's fault...its hers.

By the way, a year into the process isn't a great length of time...even if you only have one lawyer and a fairly clear-cut case. I'm in a worse situation time-wise and there are stories far, far worse than mine.

but I don't recall her ever saying that she couldn't get exclusive possession..or didn't even try for exclusive possession at one point based off of the alleged abuse.....
                          Well, that's what a lot of high conflict, dishonest posters do though. They flame on about the lack of justice, about how they're being taken advantage of by everyone...but then when asked about a detail...they'll avoid the question and rage on about some other emotional drivel. Its fairly simple to say..."I asked Lawyer #3 to file a motion for exclusive possession, however, my monstrous ex lied his ass off in court and despite my evidence, I wasn't believed and ended up in a rental just to be safe from abuse."

Notice the pattern of what she says. Nothing concrete. No real facts. Never answers a question. Can't explain the process she went through. Always on a "victimization" angle.

Again, this is my personal opinion. I think she's being dishonest and has been unsuccessful with a multitude of lawyers and judges because she isn't telling the truth in court or in this forum.

It should be a cakewalk for a woman in a 30-year marriage with real DV charges to be in her home and have, or be in the process of getting, an interim order for SS in a year's time. Especially having had 3 lawyers.

This poster is claiming to have had 3 lawyers and consulted 2 more in a year...to the point where she's spent all the money she had....and yet has no resolution on key issues...no one else thinks that's odd?

I have a real issue with people that lie for attention or sympathy when there are real people who get screwed for life with false DV charges. I know a guy who literally cannot get a job to support his kid because he was falsely accused...it can ruin your life.

I also have an issue with vexatious litigants who waste the court's time with a bunch of false nonsense and unreasonable requests and behavior because it burdens the system in both time and money and clutters the system up for everyone else.

I don't know if either of those things are what this particular poster is doing...but it doesn't look good given her posts.

I'm sure if she has actual facts to clarify with, she will.
                          Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Well, that's what a lot of high conflict, dishonest posters do though. They flame on about the lack of justice, about how they're being taken advantage of by everyone...but then when asked about a detail...they'll avoid the question and rage on about some other emotional drivel. Its fairly simple to say..."I asked Lawyer #3 to file a motion for exclusive possession, however, my monstrous ex lied his ass off in court and despite my evidence, I wasn't believed and ended up in a rental just to be safe from abuse.
                            This is a very learned and wise observation and a continually repeated pattern of behaviour of the conflicted posters...

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                              For the past two years, my bf and I lived on under $40k a year... we managed... we were unable to afford extra things like dinners out or going to the moves, but it can be done. After all bills are paid, we had maybe $300 a month to live on and that had to go towards groceries, gas and such.
                              I am living on 22k while paying "guideline" spousal and child support.

My salary is 61k. The rest goes to taxes and my support payments.

And I agree, it is fair to live on $40k. You can afford a small rental townhouse, a car, basic groceries and necessities without many extras. I could totally survive on 40k. It's not fair to expect a payor to survive on 22k while providing a place for their child when they come to visit though.

Comment

Not to add fuel to this fire,

I was awarded $500.00 for cost in my case conference, the judge awarded it because the future x nor his lawyer bothered to show up, nor contact the courts, my lawyer proved that they were notified in the proper way, and had plenty of time to prepare,

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X