Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:34 AM

Anotherday is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Request proof of living address. This could be in the form of a rental or lease agreement, utility bill, address listed for driver's license/insurance (which would provide proof of validity to drive and transport the child) etc.
The address he uses is his best friend's address who is willing to lie for him day and night. All his information goes to the false address. Even his driver licence has the wrong address.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Request proof of living address. This could be in the form of a rental or lease agreement, utility bill, address listed for driver's license/insurance (which would provide proof of validity to drive and transport the child) etc.
In fact, the same friend gave him his credit card, so my ex does not have to pay a proper child support or pay nothing. Currently he pays 250 dollars monthly while his true income is over 100K
Old 05-13-2022, 11:48 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherday View Post
In fact, the same friend gave him his credit card, so my ex does not have to pay a proper child support or pay nothing. Currently he pays 250 dollars monthly while his true income is over 100K

Have you gone to court to get an order for support? He would have to provide proof of his income for that and you can request full disclosure.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Have you gone to court to get an order for support? He would have to provide proof of his income for that and you can request full disclosure.
According to his Notice of Assessment, he makes 10,000 in a year. I had no idea, because he never kept me in loop of his income. Always was secretive. But his statements shows he spends over 60,000 a year and makes deposits from 8,000 to 10,000 dollars monthly.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
We are bringing a motion for his income to be imputed.
Old 05-13-2022, 12:21 PM

What is the court status though?

You have an upcoming court date? If yes, what is it for?

Do you have a final order for support?

Have you filed that motion or are you going to be filing it?
Old 05-13-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
What is the court status though?

You have an upcoming court date? If yes, what is it for?

Do you have a final order for support?

Have you filed that motion or are you going to be filing it?
What is the court status though? - My lawyer is preparing a Reply.

You have an upcoming court date? If yes, what is it for? - it is for the request to have unsupervised visitation with child brought by her Father. And increase of the ti.e he can spend with child, like 3 hrs every Saturday. By the way, I am already giving him that. Also, he accuses me for restricting him to see the child for the last 9 months. He won't be able to prove that, because it was me who was giving him the child but he wouldn't spend time for it. To be honest, baseless accusations and waste of time and money.

Do you have a final order for support? - No. During the case conference, the Father and his lawyer played a game and would not come up with the number for the child support. The Judge did not believe to his actual income and asked to come back with the generous amount, as he believed the father wanted to put all the financial burden on me.

Have you filed that motion or are you going to be filing it? In process. Not filed yet.

Also-, on the day of separation, he texted me, saying, "I understood. I won't forgive you." Is it considered as a threat?

Just to explain, there is nothing wrong I did to him. I have discovered that he had the drug issues and the possession of gun he hid from me (I am not bringing this to court, because I don't have actual proof); he collects lots of sexual explicit videos of himself recorded with other women but I am sure, without their permission. That content was over 200 at least (Also, not using in court).
Another reason I did that because the threat to leave me and the child was not because of me, but the child, he said, not his job to babysit. How many times this child need to hear that a day? So I told, go. And he did.

It's also cultural. Men from his background (same country I am from) do not fulfil their duties as fathers. It's woman's job - that's what they think.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:59 PM

All the other stuff needs to be set aside as its not relevant and you have no proof. You have a lawyer which is a good thing. You will need to keep the lawyer moving on the case for an order for support (which can be enforced if you are in a province with an agency like Ontario and FRO) and also a set schedule for visitation. You should also include a clause that he needs to inform you via email within 48 hours of his time if he will be exercising it otherwise you will accept it as him forfeiting his time with the child.
Old 05-13-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
All the other stuff needs to be set aside as its not relevant and you have no proof. You have a lawyer which is a good thing. You will need to keep the lawyer moving on the case for an order for support (which can be enforced if you are in a province with an agency like Ontario and FRO) and also a set schedule for visitation. You should also include a clause that he needs to inform you via email within 48 hours of his time if he will be exercising it otherwise you will accept it as him forfeiting his time with the child.
I have all the proofs. Everything. But won't be using them. As for the schedule, yes, we are doing that, but he always late with replies. But I have no choice but to let him to see the child, because if he won't, he will accuse of not letting him to see the child.

Thanks for your recommendation. Much appreciated.