When replying to Form 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When replying to Form 8

I am still not clear on this issue. When I am replying to her form 8, do I need to argue her points made in the affidavit or do I need to simply state I do not agree and save my arguments for court? I am also making a claim for custody.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

You put what you are seeking. For instance: Joint custody of the children.

You do declare what you don't agree with if she filed the original application. For instance: The family history is incorrect.

Hope this helps. PM me if you want more.

Comment

Please follow carefully...

This is like a debate where you each get a turn.

The other party files an application. They argue what they are seeking an why, and give supporting reasons.

You file a response that first of all responds to their application. You state any factual evidence that refutes their supporting reasons. You state why what they are seeking is incorrect, logically, according to legislation, and according to case law.

THEN you state your case, what you seek. You follow by giving reasons to support this logically. You give support from legislation and case law. Then you support this by giving factual examples.

The other party may then answer you to refute what you say.

The sequence is: They give their argument; you refute their argument; you give your argument; they refute your argument.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X