This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    But here is the thing...if you portray yourself as a SLUT, most guys will see you as just that i.e. a piece of meat that is easy and just wants to get laid. Lets be honest, most women on these dating sites are either lonely, or just want to get laid

We tell our kids not to post provocative pictures online, and then you have men and women doing just that...pictures of them in skimpy outfits, selfies showing boobs, ass, bathing suit etc Then you have the guys, according to whta have heard, sending pictures of Penis to women

Some women love the attention, and won't think twice to send such pictures, if that is what will bag them that good looking guy. That should be a REDFLAG if a guy is asking for naked pictures
    Are you serious? You've seen my photo. What is provocative in a paint-spattered face wearing a old t-shirt? Of course if a woman sends sordid photos on the Internet she's asking for trouble, it makes me ashamed to be a female when I see how desperate some are ...

More to the point, whatever a person is looking for in those dating sites as long as their honest about their expectations, I see no problem with what adults chose to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
      Yes stripes. We're 2 1/2 hours apart and have basically spent every weekend and holiday together for going on 4 years now. He's worked for the US fed government for almost 30 yrs, so hopefully if this furlough lasts past a month, he'll be able to exercise his early buyout option rather than waiting the next 2 years and he'd be able to move here.

I know the distance thing has its challenges but truthfully, I have to say after a long crappy marriage, its been nice having some time alone to myself too. The worst part of the distance for me is feeling like I'm living out of a suitcase half the time but I leave enough stuff at his place and vice versa that its not too bad. It kind of feels like a mini-vacation.

Do you guys have an ultimate plan to co-habitate at some point?
      It's definitely on the cards - but will be at least 2 1/2 years, as he has teenage kids whose custody he shares, so he's not going to move until the youngest has finished high school. I'm tied where I am by shared custody of much younger child, plus a very specialized job, so he's looking at moving here. He's in a very high-demand profession (and has kind of plateaued where he's employed right now), so finding another job wouldn't be an issue.

I agree, the alone time is nice for the same reason you cite. And the distance helped to slow things down a bit in the beginning - I suspect we both would have jumped in way too fast with the infatuation if we had been geographically closer together. We got to know each other more gradually, which I think was good in the long run.

Totally agree. It always struck me as kind of amusing to filter through men online the same way I shop for shoes. "no, hell no, nope, nah, hmmm, maybe for summer, no, no, ooh i like this one"
      Ha! I thought so too! I was especially amused by how the site served up a new list of men daily, like a chef presenting the "catch of the day" - here's Rick, who likes quadding and opera; here's Bob, who has a pet tarantula; here's Joe, who has lots of unresolved anger and does Pilates daily".
      Last edited by Mess; 10-03-2013, 02:08 PM. Reason: to fix quote

Comment

It's definitely on the cards - but will be at least 2 1/2 years, as he has teenage kids whose custody he shares, so he's not going to move until the youngest has finished high school. I'm tied where I am by shared custody of much younger child, plus a very specialized job, so he's looking at moving here. He's in a very high-demand profession (and has kind of plateaued where he's employed right now), so finding another job wouldn't be an issue.
        Yes, we have similar issues. I can't move due to custody and he can't move because he's too close to an early total U.S. fed pension. I'm really hoping this U.S. government shutdown stays gridlocked. We've checked into the Canadian immigration issue and he can qualify without us having to get married. My lawyer did mention that she still thinks we should have a co-habitation agreement but I'm on the fence about that.

I suspect we both would have jumped in way too fast with the infatuation if we had been geographically closer together.
        I agree. I think its just helped strengthen our relationship. We've been through a lot of intense challenges. It also makes you never take for granted the time you spend together.

Ha! I thought so too! I was especially amused by how the site served up a new list of men daily, like a chef presenting the "catch of the day" - here's Rick, who likes quadding and opera; here's Bob, who has a pet tarantula; here's Joe, who has lots of unresolved anger and does Pilates daily".
        hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Comment

A shame a lot of the young women out there of the twitter and facebook world (am not on either), will be the ones carrying on the tradition, especially the ones that have been estranged from their fathers
          You can blame the media for that, young girls and boys are under a lot of pressure nowadays. (thank you Mylie Cyrus, Beyonce, Ladycaca!!)

Comment

Ladycaca....who is this person you speak of?

Media yes...but parents have a duty to guide their kids, and help them navigate all this nonsense. However if mummy is too busy being a friend to her daughter(s) and sharing clothing, that makes it tough to do the parent job.
            Or sharing clothing with her sons!

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
              Or sharing clothing with her sons!
              I found a great shirt for myself once while shopping in the kids' section for clothes for my boys. I hope that doesn't count!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X