X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial started this morning

Hi All,

I was on the stand all day, submitted a ton of e-mail and her lawyer cross examined. They haven't added any new claims and the Overbearing claim was useless for them at the Motion in January. My only concern was the Judge stating she can't order shared custody...WTF??

I give in. You went to trial.

Is the judge saying that becuase you truly can't get along and joint custody won't work? If so, it's all or nothing, all the best...

Good luck.

Comment

Day 2 tomorrow

I have some witnesses and she has some witnesses, and Thursday She's on the stand. I never thought I'd be here, but I'm gonna damn well give it my best, my Children deserve nothing less

Comment

Can't order shared -- but could order parallel custody if it's in the present future best interest of the child/children to do so.

Sometimes parallel is appropiate to protect/preserve or to foster a relationship. Something to think about.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...arenting-2004/

Comment

You are a wealth of knowledge beyond anything I've ever witnessed. I am truly humbled at your dedication to all of us in this forum, I am forever in your debt...seriously

Comment

Appears like the adjudicator sandbagged you right out of the gate. Stay focused - You're under the microscope too - be the reasonable child centered parent. You're there for your kids.

Comment

Day 2 in the books

Had my witnesses and her on the stand, did everything I could...submissions tomorrow....any help on how I do that?? except point out the flaws in her testimony and what I want the court to rule?

Comment

More or less. I think I would be interweaving the facts and how they apply to the children's present and future best interest. I would also refer to book of authorities to support my position. If the other side was untruthful along the way - I would bring that up to suggest that they cannot be trusted.

Comment

Thanks LV, again!

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
                  More or less. I think I would be interweaving the facts and how they apply to the children's present and future best interest. I would also refer to book of authorities to support my position. If the other side was untruthful along the way - I would bring that up to suggest that they cannot be trusted.
                  Done deal, let's hope the judge saw it the way I did, if so I'm gonna be making some changes in my life....starting with a party for the girls

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X