Daughter 19 moved out, still paying CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter 19 moved out, still paying CS

Hi everyone, my daughter who is 19 years old and attending university for her second year was living with her mother until two months ago when she moved out with a roomate and has no plan of going back. She is starting a new job to pay for school as well as her living expenses because all she has now is OSAP and her mother does not help her at all financially but she is still collecting child support payments from me, I have 4 kids with her and my question is shouldn't my daughter be receiving her 25% of this money? I just don't know how to go about this since I can't ask the mother because I know she won't just hand it over to her but right now I'm paying the mother to support a child that she is in no way supporting. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!

How do you know that daughter is never returning home?

Assuming you are correct and have evidence, you need to do a support variation application, since you should only be paying for 3 kids now. Note that this will be less than a 25% reduction.

You can voluntarily pay any amount to your oldest daughter if it suits you.

Hopefully mom agrees on consent. If she doesn't, then you will have to go to court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X