New to Court Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Court Process

My ex said he will be filing a motion to change.

What is the timing for the process? I am hoping it will be sometime after Christmas but I don't know.

Is there any good references to learn about the process and how to defend my position?

I will be working with my lawyer, just hoping to get informed on it on my own before our next meeting.

There are a number of factors that impact things. First and foremost is you don’t have to go to court if you can agree on the change being proposed. If it involves a change in income, cs does change. If it involves section 7 expenses, there is a calculation. If it involves a change in parenting time, look at the positive impact to your kids NOT to cs.

All that said, depending on the change your ex is requesting and the situation, the next steps will be he serves you, you respond, you get a date for a conference, you meet with a judge who will go over the case and both positions, the judge will provide some advice and guidance on reaching a settlement.

You probably wont be in court until the new year and it will probably be March April at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X