Lawyer quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer quit?

Why would a lawyer withdraw as counsel, court date early feb?

Having a baby?
    Ill?
    Retiring?
    Familial obligations?
    Going back to school?
    Becoming a judge?
    Decided they are too busy and need to cut back?
    Decided your case isn't worth the hassle?

At least it's not last minute.

Comment

Hmm perhaps
      Its not my lawyer:/
      Will I be able to find out or do they not have to state why they withdrew?

Comment

not getting paid and an uncontrollable HC client is another reason perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by ringettteplayer View Post
          Hmm perhaps
          Its not my lawyer:/
          Will I be able to find out or do they not have to state why they withdrew?
          Does it matter why they did?

Comment

My STBX's first lawyer quit on him for not paying his bills in a timely fashion and nor taking his advice. Really why hire a lawyer only to argue with? lol!@ EX

I'm happy about it, since he switched - the nonsense has stopped and things are actually moving along. This could be to your advantage ringetteplayer?

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses,
              No blink I don't think it matters I was somewhat shocked to learn of the news.
              And just curious as to whether others had experienced this kind of experience before and if it seemed fairly common or not?!

That was all I wasn't focusing too much energy or time on it just curious that was all

Comment

My ex has been through 3 lawyers and very well might be looking for his 4th now as he lost yet AGAIN in court yesterday.

Ex is argumentative and seems to dump lawyers when they don't tell him what he wants to hear.

Changing lawyers is nothing for you to be concerned about. Keep focussed on your own lawyer and your own strategy.

Comment

My ex did this even when we were just trying to draw up the separation agreement! He is frustrating his current lawyer as we prepare for Case conference. I think its a delay tacit....can this not be used if needed to show character in court?

Comment

My STBX disappears, plays hide and go seek, even his lawyer doesn't know where he is at times.

Comment

Not saying it's your situation, but an interesting article involving lawyer ethics and the complications of the solicitor-client relationship.

OBA.org - Oh, What a Tangled Web They Weave When Clients Practice to Deceive

Comment

Originally posted by ByMyself View Post
                        Not saying it's your situation, but an interesting article involving lawyer ethics and the complications of the solicitor-client relationship.

OBA.org - Oh, What a Tangled Web They Weave When Clients Practice to Deceive
                        Very interesting read. Thanks.

Comment

My ex is on lawyer #3. I had one lawyer, now I'm on my own. Finances are my reason.

He left lawyer 1 - too expensive.
                          Lawyer 2 - too reasonable a person I think. He wanted more aggressive tactics.
                          Lawyer 3 - must be just enough of an ass at about the right price because he's been around a while now.

Comment

were we married to the same person?

My ex's current lawyer is said to accept items such as bicycles and other sporting goods as retainer. His part-time secretary is as old as granny on the Beverly Hillbillys.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                              were we married to the same person?

My ex's current lawyer is said to accept items such as bicycles and other sporting goods as retainer. His part-time secretary is as old as granny on the Beverly Hillbillys.

Lol! my lawyer doesn't even have a secretary! I have closets that are more spacious than his office!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X