Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You take few deep breaths and don't let yourself get all worked up over each and every move she makes. This stuff takes a long time to play itself out when you're in court. Spending that time worrying about her next half-cocked move is only going to wear you down and drain you of energy you can use to live your life.

Let her makes all the claims she wants. Just smile, be polite and let her be a drama queen, but don't be engaged by it. She's out of the house now. That's a huge step.

Comment

I'm not really stressed about it she's out moved in with her new BF it's just a pain in the a**, Everything was settled as did my lawyer and the court now she drags it all up again because rent is due and she has to support herself now. My lawyer did say the court could put something in the ruling that she can't bring me to court over this matter anymore. hopefully that will be the end of it all

Comment

First of all, get a lawyer and get her out of the house by the court immediately. You leave her coming and you will end up being accused of harassment and whatever she can throw at you. Mine accused me of raping her and as soon she did that I lost my house and was not allowed near it. She took her time and emptied it. Of course I got the house back but it took me 3 months. If you change the lock she will call the police and they will let her in. Better be quick and get her out and afterward you change the lock.

Comment

she is out of the house ...everything was settled then she says she didn't know what she was signing hey duty council was present when the terms were discussed just not there when she signed the paperwork said that my lawyer used legal terms she didn't understand.. the list was 2 things long . 1 I give her these things 2. she drops all actions against me 3. no restraining order needed because I haven't been harassing her.. plain simple English and she said she didn't understand it. My lawyer is more pissed than me because it calls her credibility into question ..lawyers don't like that

Comment

So what does the duty council that was present during the signing have to say? They should be able to confirm they were there and she's just being a witch.

Comment

Another update

I've gotten more details from my lawyer apparently after we signed the papers my lawyer and her went before the judge and the judge asked if she understood what she was signing she said yes . so I think I'm in pretty good shape when we have to go to court this week.

Question ..can she keep taking me to court over this.? can I finally say this is done? our relationship was 4 years no kids, the house was mine before she moved in how is it possible someone can keep taking you to court over the same things since October I've had 3 motions files against me can the court make her stop or can she just walk into the family law center get her court appointed lawyer and file more motions against me whenever she's bored.?

Comment

There could be more motions, but you need to have the judge agree on a final solution which may take a while sometimes. It always depend on the judge. Be patient and do not call your lawyer for nothing and live your life. It will all fall in place in good time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X