Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:17 AM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road
Default Third Party Communication

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a third-party communication tool/app/service that could possibly help in the horrible situation that I am in. Due to police involvement, my ex is no longer allowed to communicate with me or come onto my property. Because of this, his wife is in charge of communication with my husband. She has been constantly sending opinionated, slanderous emails, in which she smears my name and goes on long rants about how everything is my fault. We are sick of it.
We are looking for a way that our communication would be monitored or trackable with the main goal of just getting her to stop making it about her opinions/emotions and start making it about kid business only. As much as I should have a thicker skin about it, I find I am highly stressed to hear such things being said about me, especially since I also know this is happening in front of my kids as well.
Any suggestions for a communication tool?
Old 09-14-2020, 08:20 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

I have seen time and time again here of a site called Our Family Wizard.

https://www.ourfamilywizard.ca/
Old 09-14-2020, 10:00 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Are you able to report this as harassment to the police? You would think with his case ongoing they would be on their best behaviour!
Old 09-14-2020, 11:55 AM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

In counseling re my difficult teen I was told when they were abusive to simply state “thank you for sharing that”. This diffuses the situation and you are not accepting the abuse, it remains their responsibility. Just like a Buddhist saying along the lines that everything is a gift, therefor if you do not accept their gift of abuse it remains theirs not yours.

You can simply start your response email:
“Thank you for your last email... does 10.00 pick up time for the kids work or do you prefer 10:30?...”
Old 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

"my ex is no longer allowed to communicate with me"
That does not sound like a thing that came out of Family Court, who ordered that?

An online messaging system like OurFamilyWizard is something judges like as it records IP addresses, the time items were opened etc. Much harder to say "I didn't write that"
You can propose this to him and get the order changed to see how it goes.
It doesn't have to be just about kid business but if they start abusing you with it then that counts against them. A Court Order for this sounds best.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:27 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

The police ordered it. They're conditions he cannot breach. Court order seems long and expensive. Perhaps I will try a lawyer letter proposing we agree to try it and see what happens.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:44 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post
The police ordered it. They're conditions he cannot breach. Court order seems long and expensive. Perhaps I will try a lawyer letter proposing we agree to try it and see what happens.

The police ordered it but all they have done now is cause more issues....they just got it out of their hair.

A lawyer letter sounds much more expensive than just doing it yourself if he agrees. It will be a no risk experience if you do it yourself. Paper work sucks but learning it is good.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:03 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The police ordered it.
I don't think contempt of police "order" is a crime. Feel free to contact each other as per normal.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:04 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
so there is a restraining order in place or something like that? How lond does he have to follow the condtions?
Old 09-16-2020, 08:42 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Her previous post outlined he was charged with an offence and it is impacting his actions for access and communication. Obviously his bail conditions outline he is to have no communication or contact with Ange which means a separate party must communicate on his behalf. His new spouse is doing this and being an asshole.