Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:38 AM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

If your ex was charged with a crime and there are bail conditions which stipulate he cannot talk to you and now his new girlfriend is being abusive in communication, there is a simple and free solution. You go and speak to the prosecutor handling your ex’s criminal case. If you don’t know who that is you contact victim services at the court house and they will find out for you. The prosecutor can take your problem to the judge and have the bail conditions altered to say the girlfriend is not allowed to be the third party communicator and can suggest tools such as my family wizard.
When my ex was criminally charged I spoke with the prosecutor about changing one of his bail conditions from no access to the kids to supervised access and he got a criminal judge to change it.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:54 AM

BelleoftheBalle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I don't think contempt of police "order" is a crime. Feel free to contact each other as per normal.
If it's conditions he cannot breach, he would be sent to jail for breaking conditions of his bail, correct? Contempt in a criminal case is a very serious matter and could prove very disastrous if he does that.

I would definitely take those emails to the prosecutor, as chances are, he's directing the new wife what to say and that can be seen as interference or collusion.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:19 AM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
so there is a restraining order in place or something like that? How lond does he have to follow the condtions?

I am a witness (in a sense) to a crime he is accused of, therefore he is ordered by police to not communicate with me or come to my property. Since this post, he also breached the latter by showing up at my house, the day after the latest nasty email was sent. I believe he feels hes above the law, or is calling my bluff. Its all in the hands of investigators now so we will see what happens.
As an aside, they (the wife) did agree to use OFW if I would foot the bill. It was $250 US but I did it. So far, they arent emailing nearly as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk