Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2020, 09:38 AM
Stillbreathing Stillbreathing is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 561
Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

If your ex was charged with a crime and there are bail conditions which stipulate he cannot talk to you and now his new girlfriend is being abusive in communication, there is a simple and free solution. You go and speak to the prosecutor handling your ex’s criminal case. If you don’t know who that is you contact victim services at the court house and they will find out for you. The prosecutor can take your problem to the judge and have the bail conditions altered to say the girlfriend is not allowed to be the third party communicator and can suggest tools such as my family wizard.
When my ex was criminally charged I spoke with the prosecutor about changing one of his bail conditions from no access to the kids to supervised access and he got a criminal judge to change it.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:54 AM
BelleoftheBalle BelleoftheBalle is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2
BelleoftheBalle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I don't think contempt of police "order" is a crime. Feel free to contact each other as per normal.
If it's conditions he cannot breach, he would be sent to jail for breaking conditions of his bail, correct? Contempt in a criminal case is a very serious matter and could prove very disastrous if he does that.

I would definitely take those emails to the prosecutor, as chances are, he's directing the new wife what to say and that can be seen as interference or collusion.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:19 AM
Ange71727 Ange71727 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 543
Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
so there is a restraining order in place or something like that? How lond does he have to follow the condtions?

I am a witness (in a sense) to a crime he is accused of, therefore he is ordered by police to not communicate with me or come to my property. Since this post, he also breached the latter by showing up at my house, the day after the latest nasty email was sent. I believe he feels hes above the law, or is calling my bluff. Its all in the hands of investigators now so we will see what happens.
As an aside, they (the wife) did agree to use OFW if I would foot the bill. It was $250 US but I did it. So far, they arent emailing nearly as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Editing, reviewing and inclusion help needed. Duped Divorce & Family Law 10 05-29-2011 10:38 PM
Which seems fairer? Epona Divorce & Family Law 7 04-29-2011 08:28 PM
"Written Communication Only" Clause In Court Order #1StepMom Divorce & Family Law 26 01-12-2010 06:06 PM
Settlement Conference Adjournment... but only 21 days McBroke Divorce & Family Law 5 04-23-2009 05:44 PM
aftermath littleman Divorce & Family Law 1 09-27-2006 09:43 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.