Mediator for support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediator for support

My separation has been dragging on for far too long and my lawyer has suggested med/arb. We have equilization sorted out and how much I'm to buy him out of house for. Overall, I will have to pay him approx. $300,000 because I also have a 25 yr gov pension. My ex was self employed. Anyway, kids are older but have been with me 100% of the time since separation. I have received no support, have paid him no support because that is one area we cannot agree upon. His lawyer expects me to pay him spousal in mid range based on what, I don't know. Yes, I have a decent salary but it's barely keeping me afloat as a single mom. He gets $4000/monthly from a disability pension (that's tax free). Anyway, I've accepted how much I have to pay him for equilization and for house but I cannot accept having to pay him monthly spousal. right now, the support would be offset by the child support but within a year, one of my girls will be gone off to school and within 2, both will be gone. My lawyer has suggested med/arb to resolve support issue. She has suggested Julie Guindon. Has anyone had any experiences with her? I'm dying here. I need to get this resolved once and for all. Thank you.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X