No announcement yet.

Not sticking with temporary parenting plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long is considered a pattern in order to change q parenting plan?

Comment

what's the harm to the kids? what is he doing?

Comment

No harm, they are old enough now to understand, thanks God that time opens their eyes and they see.
        He is really not sticking to the parenting plan, today he sent me a text message not to drop off the kids today, no reason whatsoever, just that the kids are suffering due to our divorce. I offered him to come and see the kids/take them for a walk, he said he will do it tomorrow. Ha hasn't called them for 4 days in a row, I had to send him a message to call them.
        What is next if he does the same thing? What is the legal route? Motion with status quo parenting plan? We have still outstanding CS and SS (SS which most probably we will go to litigation with)

Comment

Question - ignoring court order

My ex is stalking me and our daughter. He was issued a court order at the case conference for supervised visits. he refused the supervisors I proposed, so the court suggested the family centre which my ex accepted. We have both complied and applied to the family centre. The wait time is 8 months. He knew what the wait time would be. Now he is harassing me with emails demanding to see our daughter without the family centre, and makes excuses that he will be at my neighbours house doing handyman work, at which time he wants access to our daughter. He intercepted my daughter (10 year old) on my lawn when she was coming home supervised by my mom from school. My ex disregarded my mom's presence and told my daughter that she doesn't have to go inside right away. After a moment my mom instructed my daughter to proceed inside the house and she told my ex that now is not a time for the visit. He sent me an email accusing me of manipulating our daughter. My daughter was upset by his presence. He now states that she was upset because my mom and I are manipulating her. These are all lies he writes in emails and then his lawyer presents in court. This happened during the case conference but the judge did not buy that. She listened to my concerns and those of my 17 year old son who severed his relationship with his father for past abuse and manipulation. What options do I have? Do I wait for the settlement conference to address this harassment and stalking? He was stalking my mom and my daughter for a whole week while he was doing handyman jobs at the neighbours house (for a low price hence she keeps hiring him). He also accused us of abusing our dog, saying that no one walks him, to which clearly my neighbours can testify and refute. He does this to upset my mom and I. Do I wait for the settlement conference or should I bring in a motion? What kind? What remedy can I seek from the court to stop this ongoing harassment?

Comment

How can stalking by ex be addressed by the court?

I am past the case conference. I am the moving party and have to schedule a settlement conference. Meanwhile, my ex is waiting for the family centre so he can have supervised visits as was ordered by the Court at the case conference. He is harassing me with e-mails and using his handyman jobs he is doing at one of my neighbours to intercept my daughter (10year old) on my property. He has been stalking me, and my mom who supervises my daughter after school for 6 days now. What options do I have? The situation is upsetting my daughter, who does not want to see him unsupervised, it is upsetting me and my family.

Comment

Originally posted by EspoirN View Post
              My ex is stalking me and our daughter............. He was issued a court order at the case conference for supervised visits..........What remedy can I seek from the court to stop this ongoing harassment?
              A) Why are visits supervised? I’m assuming you have CAS and police reports which document abuse by your ex against your child?

B) Assuming you have the above mentioned documents, then the fact that your ex is “stalking” your child is an urgent matter and I am not sure why you have not called the police yet?

However judging by your wording it sounds like dad just really misses his kid, and isn’t an actual threat to the child. I couldn’t imagine being told that I was being put on an EIGHT MONTH WAITLIST to see my own friggin kid. I really hope you have all the documented proof in the world why this man cannot see his child without supervision, or you are going to get ripped apart on this forum. And in court for that matter.

Also for future reference, you may want to start your own thread to ask these questions

Comment

Visits were ordered supervised because of abuse and erratic behaviour. Ex has no relationship with our 17 year old son who provided a statement to court. Ex used to drink and drive with children and behaved erratically, has no residence of his own (or pretends that he doesn't, no phone number, no address), lies to court that he boards for odd jobs, but now he has been working at my neighbour's house and is not boarding there. I knew he is lying all along, because of mutual friends, but this is not the point of this e-mail. I did not feel safe sending my daughter with him anywhere. He had no contact with our daughter for 9 months after we separated (our of his own will), and only when I filed for divorce, he showed up out of the blue and demanded access. He behaved erratically and I did not feel safe around him, I would have never let my daughter our of sight with him. Anyway, he refused mutual friends as supervisors and requested the family centre. He was aware of the wait times. He did not care, and is now stalking us. Our daughter does not want to see him unsupervised and he is manipulating her, intercepting her on the way home with my mom, ignoring my mom's presence completely. I only have the court order for the supervised visits. The judge said this was a temporary order, which I completely understand. Ex has no relationship with our son out of his own will. For the past two and a half years that we lived together, he and our son did not speak to one another. Now we have been separated for 14 months and my son and Ex do not communicate. His presence near my house makes me, my daughter and my family nervous.

Comment

If you feel threatened Then call the police. Family court won’t do anything about him showing up at the house.

Comment

You have a safety concern about your daughter, you should call CAS. They can put restrictions on his conduct faster than a Court and will hold more weight with the Court.

Comment

Originally posted by tilt View Post
                      You have a safety concern about your daughter, you should call CAS. They can put restrictions on his conduct faster than a Court and will hold more weight with the Court.
                      this. If there was enough evidence that the court felt supervised access was appropriate- your matter *should* have been referred to CAS. But a lot of times, these things fall through the cracks.

Was he abusive to you? Do you have evidence? Charges? If you do- you can get a restraining order.

Be careful of the terminology you use when speaking to police and CAS. "stalking", "abusive", "controlling"- are terms that are sometimes overused. I'm not saying they don't apply to your case- but let them come to that conclusion instead of throwing out accusations.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X